DK1: Veiled Thorns (Moggthegob Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracking thread:
Cast
- Alton Tealeaf, Halfling Thief (Krappleby)
- Raekz Krusst, Hobgoblin Hexblade (Serow)
- Experiment 354b, Warforged Psion (Hornedturtle)
- Kaz Bolod, Hobgoblin Greatsword Fighter (Renau1g)
- Jehennady'aashta, Human Warlock/Beguiler (Pathfinderq1)
ooc; Please roll your own checks on Invisible Castle when I ask for them. I'll make rolls as needed.

{IC}

Hurrying out of the tavern, Mornokai Etchstone calls to the group of well armed and armored adventurers following in his wake, 'Hurry! Hurry! We've wasted too much time already, my assistant is still at the scene. He was minding the Message Station while I was away... Oh, didn't I mention I work for house Sivis? I believe I did. Well, I'm the chief for a local Message Station and that's where we're off to now. You're all ready, right?"

Continuing to move further down the crowded and rainy Clifftop street, it looks like it's going to be another wet day in the City of Towers....
 
Last edited:

hornedturtle

Visitor
It Begins.

"Lead on little one," says the warforged as he follows the gnome.

OCC: Hurray my first adventure! Hopefully 'Forebee' doesn't step on the gnome. :)
 
Last edited:

krappleby

Visitor
Alton sleeks through the rain, following Mornokai through the town, Keeping to the shadows as much as possible, but not in a conspicuous way. his cloak wrapped around his small body, as protection from the downpoar.
 
As the concealed and solitary T'leaf trails the group, 354B strides next to the frazzled gnome as Mornokai responds hurriedly, 'Thankfully my business is very near. We'll be there in no time!'

The larger members of the group moves at a quick walk, while their gnomish guide/employer jogs at a fairly good pace, making it difficult for T'leaf to keep up AND continue to stick to the shadows.

ooc; Is Alton moving to keep up with the group? If so, he may take penalties on any hide checks.

Additionally, welcome everyone! I'm glad to be running this adventure for you! Let me know if there are any quesitons. I'll wait on everyone to make their first posting and then we can move on with the adventure. Though we still need a Judge!
 

krappleby

Visitor
OOC : alton is nothiding in the shadows. hes just moving quickly and as inconspiciously as he can without hide checks..
 
ooc; Krappleby, that sounds fine, just wanted to let you know that if hide checks are needed for any reason, they may be impaired. Additionally, maybe descriptions would be a good thing to post, so everyone knows what each other is carrying/looks like.

{IC}
The gnome continues to rush through the sparsely populated, wet, and narrow streets of Sharn, guiding the group closer to their goal.
 

krappleby

Visitor
Alton keeps up with the group, His long black straight hair now soaked through clings tightly to his purple tinted cloak (the colour a little hard to see, except when the occasional glint of light reflects of it). his clean shaven face, visable only in the glimmering light that appears every now and then. Unusualy clean for a halfling.

standing only a little over 3 foot tall, and holding a long pole arm style weapon (sharrash) at right angles to his body as he runs to keep up with the group, he could easily be mistaken for a child.
 
Jehen kept pace with the gnome, obviously slowed by the wight of the large backpack slung across her shoulders. Once clear of the shadowy confines of the tavern, her image was far easier to perceive- she was a small young woman, no more than five feet tall with a slender build. She wore a long coat of black oilcloth, the sort of garment favored by mariners and airship crewmen for bad weather work, over a high-collared coat and pants (both of even darker cloth, that seemed to draw the shadows close around her). Even in the drizzly, cloudy daylight she wore a pair of smoked glass spectacles which made it hard to tell what color her eyes might be. "What else can you tell us that might be of value before we arrive at the scene?," she huffed out as they moved through the streets.
 

hornedturtle

Visitor
Appearance wise Experiment 354b looks, right now, like a wet stone golem with green crystal/gem highlights and eyes. He is wearing a hooded cloak but in the rush forgot to pull up the hood or wrap it around himself. He stands 6'6" tall and looks sturdy.
 

serow

Visitor
"The young lady is right, what can you tell us before we get to the scene? You say you work at the message station? Was the stolen article a package then? Why wasn't House Sivis security able to hold off the robber?" The hobgoblin warrior carries a small collection of weapons on his back and sides, is decently muscled and seems to be wearing armour that doesn't hinder his movement all that much, under simple clothing. He talks with a slight hobgoblinish accent, but otherwise the pronunciation of words is spot-on. "Irritating time for a rain... almost as if it were the best time to strike just before," Raekz wonders aloud.
 

krappleby

Visitor
Alton moves on, his little legs moving at twice the speed of everyone else, trying to keep up with the group...Muttering under his own breath as he proceeds, splashing through the small puddles, which seem to be a lot larger to him, and a bit more of a hinderance.
 
ooc; great posts everyone!

{ic}
Dashing through the damp streets, the rain begins to let up a bit, becoming a light spitting mist; annoying, but not soaking. Still, the group, save for 354B, can feel their clothes, hair, and skin becoming slick with moisture.

Mornokai listens to the group's chatter, finally waving a hand for silence before explaining in very quickly said words, 'It happened like this; I was out visiting a friend for lunch and left my apprentice in charge of the shop. He's a sturdy young lad and knows what he's about. Imagine my surprise when I returned to find my shop ransacked, my apprentice unconscious, and yes Mr. Raekz, a very important sheaf of documents were stolen! We operate a very small message station and we've never had much need for security, even in Sharn! But now... after this... well it's just too much! Please, you must discover who stole our documents and get them back!'

Puffing from the exertion of running and talking at the same time, Mr. Etchstone concentrates on bringing the group to the crime scene.

ooc; feel free to post any skill checks if you wish to make them, we're still sorta waiting on a judge to show up and I'd of course like to hear from kaz as well
 
Last edited:

krappleby

Visitor
hearing barely the words from the gnome, several possible scenarios start flashing through his mind. each scenario bringing question upon question, that he knows will have to be put forward.

"mmm. the apprentice!" he mumbles to himself. "worth a question or two.. Best to wait till we see the location"

he continues in hopes to find more evidence within the crime scene.
 

serow

Visitor
"Don't worry Mr. Etchstone, I'm sure we're all professionals, we'll get this package of yours back before House Sivis even knows it's gone!" Raekz says this while following, trying to reassure his gnome client. Grah, I hate this sticky feeling.
 
Monokai's demeanor completely changes at Raekz' words, becoming very excited as he responds happily, 'That is exactly what I need! A quick return of very important documents, without any involvement of the House. If your group is able to perform this task, I shall award each of you with a Letter of Credit with Sivis... That or 500 golden Galifars, your choice of course. We're almost there!'

Rounding a corner, the group finds themselves in a very residential and sparsely populated neighborhood of Clifftop; seeming out of place in light of the rough and tumble reputation the district, well known for it's adventurers, has.
 

krappleby

Visitor
Alton, struggles to get to the front of the group, before addressing The Gnome

"Can you tell us a little bit about the stolen documents!!, What they were?, where they are heading? Who sent them?"

He proceeds to continue next to the Gnome as they proceed through the clifftop estate.
 
Last edited:
Mornokai slows his pace, obviously starting to run out of breath again as Alton makes his way to the front of the pack and voices his questions.

Turning an anxious gaze upon the only member of the group that is remotely close to his own height, the gnome shoots T'Leaf a weak smile of greeting before responding, 'Well you'll have to ask my apprentice for the details, but I do know that the documents stolen were transmitted from the House Orien Enclave in Wroat. Some mundane manifests that we archive for them I believe, though nothing that one could really consider extremely secret, but private enough that I'm sure they wouldn't want them to fall into unknown hands...."

His oval wrinkled face pleading, Mornokai continues, 'As you can guess, these are very sensitive matters and I need this situation resolved quickly so as to not alarm either of these great Houses. Indeed, my own livlihood is on the line here. I hope your investigative skills are up to the task! I've instructed my apprentice to leave the shop untidied, so as to not disturb any possible clues! You must discover where the documents have been taken too!'

ooc; i'm still waiting on a judge, I'll email the Staff and see if one of them will step forward, then we can move on to the shop scene. We also haven't heard from Kaz, so hopefully he sounds off soon!
 

krappleby

Visitor
alton takes stock of the info that the Gnome passed on. After a few moment he responds

"do not worry yourself my good man, i'm sure me and my these associates " pointing at the party "will retrieve your documents for you, and find the culprits. Can you tell us a little about this apprentice of yours? How long has he worked for you? who is he?"

Alton then proceeds to wait for a response.
 

renau1g

Visitor
Kaz will have silently followed the gnome here, now that work is upon him, the hobgoblin will be all business. He keeps his eyes open for any that might appear to be particularly interested in the gnome as they walk.

"Don't worry little one, your matters will be handled with the utmost discretion. That is, unless you try to short change me" Kaz says to their employer.

[sblock=ooc]

Sorry for the delay, normally LEB isn't part of my daily checks for updates.
[/sblock]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Top