DK1: Veiled Thorns (Moggthegob Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krappleby

First Post
Alton gives Kaz, a sharp stern glance, at hearing the words "little one". before returning his attention back to the gnome.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Jehen continued to hustle along, puffing a bit from the effort of hauling her pack. For the moment she seemed content to listen as her new compatriots posed their questions- both to hear the gnome's answers, and to hear how the other investigators conducted the investigation. Her own sleuthing could wait until they actually reached the scene...

[sblock=ooc]
aye, still no Judge. I'm ready to Forge ahead though. I waited the weekend. If you all agree to moving forward without a Judge (for now), I'm good to go. Please let me know if you agree.

Also, Renau1g, if you (or any of you others) ever wanna just make a spot check, that's totally cool, please just post a roll from invis castle. Everyone knows what that site is, right?
[/sblock]

Kaz is unable to notice any of the other figures upon the sparsely populated walk paying attention to the group as they move onto a large wide municipal staircase leading up and then snaking around one of the smaller towers in this seciton of Sharn. Nodding diplomatically at Kaz and Alton's reassuring words, before snorting and chuckling a moment as he responded, 'She is named Jehhna and she's been with me for a few years now. Very dedicated and adept.'

Face darkening, the gnome seems put out by something as he mutters, 'Those criminals will pay for what they did...'

Rushing up the steps, the group is finally led into the tower they'd be circling up via a large well worked archway. Bedecked with the tower and bear heraldry of Sharn, the group into a wide, if short lived, tunnel that passes under the entrance and into the interior of the tower; revealing row upon row of well to do shops, residences, and neighborhoods stretching away left and right down the tunnel boulevard, before curing away as the large tower's perimeter disappeared from sight.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Kaz smiles at the gnome's mention of revenge, "Now you're speaking my langauge, Mornokai" Kaz whispers to their employer as he keeps his vigilant watch on the area.

[sblock=OOC]
I was using that more for flavour than actual crunch-y skill checks and some GM's like rolling the Perception checks themselves so the PC's don't know if they passed or failed:
Spot (1d20+1=17)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Hey Ren', yea that's totally cool. Flavor it up as you like; I wanted all to know that you're more than free to post a skill check if you believe it's appropriate. I'll let you know the result, if any, of course and I'll also ask y'all for rolls (usually initiative, spot, or listen) as they're needed. Rock on!
[/sblock]

The group continues to view their new surroundings as they are led deeper into the inner tower's neighborhoods, seeing that the people here seem well to do, but not affluent by any means. There are pairs of Sharn Watch members occasionally glimpsed, but the mood of this section of the city is subdued but comfortable.

Giving Kaz a serious look of appraisal, Mornokai Etchstone nods in acceptance and then suddenly announces, 'We're here!'

Before the group, wedged in between a Baker and Barber shop is the narrow, but tall at three stories, Sivis Message station. A large sign hangs upon the ornate front door, obscuring the House Symbol engraved into it's wooden face; the sign reads 'Closed' in large official red letters.

Moving up the steps Mornokai opens the door as he calls, 'Jehhna! Jehhna! We're back! Where are you?' and leads the group inside.

The bottom floor is one large long room (20' wide, 50' long, 10' high), holding the actual business of the message station, including some benches for waiting, a long L shaped counter that stands in front of the East and North sides of the room, with the North wall is full of open cubby slots to store messages up to the very ceiling; a slim and tall golden ladder set upon bars running along the wall used to access all of the different slots. Dominating the middle of the room is an impressively large bright blue carpet, emblazoned with a thick fancy gold threaded House Sivis symbol. Behind the counter, in the West side of the North wall, is a closed door, the only other exit. The West Wall itself holds an impressively expansive map of Sharn's various levels (with House Sivis locations marked with shining golden dots). Above the group's heads, a bright quartet of ever burning lamps affixed to the ceiling illuminate the place; it's a complete mess.

Papers are strewn about the room as if a tornado had come through the place; end tables, writing implements, and ink jars (some full, some empty) give the place a very cluttered look.

A diminutive figure in bright lavender skirts and a brown blouse sits upon one of the undisturbed benches, it's back to the door, small head cradled in tiny hands.

ooc; everyone make listen checks please, also let me know what actions you are taking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads