DK1: Veiled Thorns (Moggthegob Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooc; okay, that's fine. Though I totally suggest to find something about the scene that interests you and/or your character and investigate/explore that aspect.

ooc; a track check would be required to make that determination, if you don't have track, you can attempt a straight up Search check. in other news, we have a Judge! Moggthegob has agreed to watch over us!

krappleby

First Post
Alton studies the rose, with admiration, before searching through his memmory to try to work out if he has seen such work before.

[sblock=Roll]
Know (Local) (1d20+5=13)
[/sblock]

Holding the Rose aloft, he turns to the other members of the party, before asking "Do any of you recognise this?. is it some sort of religious item?"

serow

First Post
krappleby said:
Holding the Rose aloft, he turns to the other members of the party, before asking "Do any of you recognise this?. is it some sort of religious item?"
Raekz shakes his head, and replies, "Not by these eyes."

[sblock=354B]
Your search reveals that they are not footprints, only muddy stains; perhaps made by feet, perhaps not. You are unable to tell if they were made while someone was entering or exiting.

ALSO, in the future, please feel free to Describe how your character is actually doing the check you make. Does Fourbee get down on his knees to search, or kneels? Or something else? Just add some flavor to your actions, I promise it'll be more fun!
[/sblock]

Not hearing any questions, the Apprentice shrugs and begins to explain, taking a deep shuddering breath, trying to calm herself, 'Well, it happened like this; about an hour ago, I was filing some of the most recently transmitted missives; we are a type of way station for many documents that are couriered to other parts of the City, when all of a sudden the door burst open and a group of about a half dozen figures rushed into the shop! They were led by a most horribly fiendish half orc! He...he rushed in and didn't ask for anything, simply grabbed me and started...oh... he started hitting me!'

At this point, the gnome begins to shudder with repressed emotion, trying to keep it together to continue her story, 'sniff So...so they threw me to the floor and one of them, a human I think, though they others all had red hoods on, held me down while the others ranksacked the shop! They didn't ask me anything, they seemed to know what they were looking for. I struggled with the human a bit...but..but he hit me too, and I passed out...'

Obviously drained by the harrowing experience, Jehhna's shoulders slump in emotional exhaustion. Mornokai is quivering with rage by this time, deeply effected by the attack on his apprentice.

[sblock=alton]
Cool, you finish searching the cubbies, grab the carved rose, show it to everyone, and then begin examining it. Your 'clue' roll doesn't reveal anything for the Rose (you've yet to examine the mud), but your know; local roll allows you to remember hearing stories about a Brelish Democracy Extremist, part of the larger movement trying to over throw the Monarchy, called the Ruby Rose. This freedom fighter (or terrorist, depending on who you talk to) leaves a 'calling card' at the scenes of his (or her, no one knows who it is) crimes; a carved Rose like the one you're holding.
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads