• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DK1: Veiled Thorns (Moggthegob Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serow

First Post
Dirk Nightbreese said:
Jehhna, gazing at the hobgoblin warriors, gives Raekz a friendly, if weak, smile.
Getting up from near the young gnome, Raekz takes a step closer to her, gently putting a hand on her hand, and telling her softly, "Now get some rest young lady, and leave the rest of the matter to us. We'll get 'em."

He then moves over to join Etchstone and the rest of the party.

krappleby

First Post
Alton Continues to study the mud stains on the floor, looking for any clues as to where it may have come from. Occssionally running his finger through the pile.

all the time listening to the other conversations going on in the room.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Jehen gave a confident and reassuring nod to Jehhna and Mornokai. "Thank you both for the information. Now let us see what else we can find." Then she slowly stood up and headed back over to her pack, unloading the heavy leather satchel from the top of the bundle. Moving with a relaxed ease, she picked out a couple of implements and began a physical search of the area, methodically checking each spot that might hold a clue. Only when she had finished her own search did she turn her attention to the clues previously discovered.

OOC: Making a Search check for clues, as per the Investigate feat in ECS. With the circumstance bonus from her inquisitive's kit, that is a total of +14; if possible she will take 10 for a 24 total, otherwise she will make a normal roll (1d20+14= 20). Then make two separate Search checks to analyze the two already found clues (the rose and the mud spots, in that order). Analysis rolls (rose 31; mud 29). Three Search rolls on IC: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1627727/

Last edited:

krappleby

First Post
Alton turns towards Jehen "I have heard stories about a group of terrorists ran by a Brelish Democracy extremist who seeks to overthrow the Monarchy. I know not of the name of the leader of the group, but do know that wherever He or She strikes, they leave a calling card.. A ruby Rose, just like that one. Funnily enough the name of the group is from what i can recall the ruby rose"

He watches Jehen for a moment before continuing "That appears to be a really nice set you have there, where would one be able to obtain such a magnificent addition to ones itinerary?" he asks, making subtle hints towards the inquisitor kit.

He awaits a reply, before again concentrating on the stains of mud upon the floor.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Thank you for the information about that group- it does seem to fit with the red hoods. Perhaps that sort of thematic similarity will help us track them down." Jehen's voice was calm and unfluttered, but it seemed as if she were mostly focused on her investigation. "As to the kit, I purchased it through my House, but it is a fairly standard set- I have seen some real master inquisitives with the most amazing customized gear."

OOC: The Inquisitive's kit is in the ECS, pg.121-122; it is a bit pricey, but seemed like a good choice.

Mornokai looks about at the individual members of the group, commenting, 'Does any of this make sense to any of you? I noticed the Rose was in the box of reserved for our larger Enclave in the city, so it must be important! Please, discover the whereabouts of these thieves quickly!"

[sblock=jehen]
search; you find another clue; from your vantage point right beside the apprentice, you note that there are a few red threads under the nails of her left hand. Furthermore, looking around, you find a torn scrap of red cloth and it smells salty.

Your clue analysis rolls; for the rose you have heard stories similar to what Alton has revealed, but you also know that the leader of a cell of democratic extremists calling themselves the Determinists is rumored to be named the Ruby Rose and leaves his calling card at the scene of his crimes.

For the mud; it is an odd red color and is peppered with sand. You'd assume its mud from near the Dagger river, perhaps the waterfront side of Sharn.
please give me a know; local or know; nature roll.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alton]
For the mud; it is an odd red color and is peppered with sand. You'd assume its mud from near the Dagger river, perhaps the waterfront side of Sharn.
please give me a know; local or know; nature roll.
[/sblock]

hornedturtle

First Post
"Perhaps we should try to find out more about these Red Roses? Like who they are and where they operate from." Suggests 354b

occ: I am having fun I'm just not that good with subterfuge and stuff.

krappleby

First Post
"mmm Interesting, It appears as if your visitors may have been to the river banks recently, from the look of this mud" Alton states, as he breaks a little between the fingers of his hand..

[sblock=Roll]
Kno(local) (1d20+5=8)
[/sblock]

Looking once again at Jehen "Have you found anything else of interest?.. And i will enquire about one of those sets, they seem extremely handy"

Alton turns back to the apprentice "Sorry to bother you again, i have one more question if i may?... Did these vagabonds, visit any other part of these premises, or only this room?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads