• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM beats the players...

Patrick-S&S

First Post
... And that is why I only want to be a GM/DM in any game I decide to run. I like to be in control of things, building my stories from the ground, making sure that the campaigns I run are exactly the way I want it. I think that being in control is one of the greatest feelings in the world, and seeing the joy of the players as they complete a quest, find a magic item, or save someone they care about, makes it even better. I am a senior manager in real life and thus leads quite a few people, bossing them around and such. The same in my gaming. :D (edit: this last part was meant as a bad joke, and indeed it seemed to be just that)

Tell me why I should want to be a player instead of a DM/GM?

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Patrick-S&S said:
... And WANGER is why I only want to be a WANGER in any game I decide to WANGER. I like to be in control of WANGER, building my WANGERS from the ground, making sure that the WANGERS I run are exactly the way I WANGER it. I think that being in WANGER is one of the greatest WANGERS in the world, and seeing the WANGERS of the players as they WANGER a quest, find a magic WANGER, or save some WANGER they care about, makes it even WANGER. I am a senior WANGER in real life and thus WANGER quite a few people, WANGERING them around and WANGER. The same in my WANGER. :D

Tell my I would want to be a WANGER at all... :rolleyes:

Patrick-S&S

First Post
Re: Re: DM beats the players...

He started it... No seriously it was out of line yes, but such strong vocabulary just needed some feedback. I will hold my tongue/fingers in check from now on. I am not sure about that other guy though...

Tom Cashel said:
I'm wondering how you could possibly be anything but a GM/DM in a game you "decide to run."

Well ever tried Ars Magica? That should answer this...

Remove ads