• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E DnD 4E NPC creation aid

John Meyers

First Post
5-31-2011 Fixed Missing Wizard Utilities
Because NPCs make the best villains, I’ve gone and made a 4E tool for crafting NPCs in Excel 03. It’s pretty rough, but it’s designed to work most of the calculations for the user. The various books will need to be on hand to use it, as none of the powers are described (I lifted data from an on-line excel character sheet posted on DnD4.com - shout out to 'Wildfire'!!). Also, none of the Essentials’ information has been included, but anybody versed in excel can add them (Or I can, if asked by enough people).

To use, go straight to the Worksheet tab; all yellow fields are drop-down menus, green fields are for manual entries, and do not touch the tan fields, as those are formula driven (will be protected in the future). The workbook is read only, so don’t be afraid of messing things up! Next, go the Print tab and customize/make annotations as needed. Done!

Attachments

• 4e NPC Sheet.zip
    194.2 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

Ferghis

First Post
This looks really good, but how do I get it out of read-only mode? It won't let me use any of the drop-down menus, or anything else. I admit that I'm using it in openoffice.

John Meyers

First Post
I'm not sure how well the lists and formula will work under open office, but tymophil is correct; go to 'file - save as' and choose another name for the file. (I use the NPC's name.) That should do it.

Ferghis

First Post
I'm not sure how well the lists and formula will work under open office, but tymophil is correct; go to 'file - save as' and choose another name for the file. (I use the NPC's name.) That should do it.

That's actually brilliant. Thanks to both you and Tymophil.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads