D&D General DND cartoon reboot on the way?

this one? I thought it was pretty good

View attachment 262452
I also liked this reboot of the Thundercats. :) However, I think the Thundercats would have looked better as anthropomorphic Big Cats instead of humans with Big Cat markings. I know that they were rendered that way so that fans of the old series could reconnect with it. But they kind of looked out of place compared to all of the other anthropomorphic animal races.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Thanks for sharing. Do you know the link for the unofficial cartoon of the last episode? Someone took the script and using artwork from the entire series put together the final show. It was really quite good. But I didn't bookmark/save it.
Is this one called "Requiem" the one you're thinking of?

edit: there seem to be a few such "final episodes" floating around. This one is apparently pretty recent (2020?) and includes the following disclaimer:

The Final episode of the 1980s Saturday morning cartoon Dungeons and Dragons. From a script written by series writer Michael Reaves. Fully animated by using original footage from the series. Dialog from the DVD radio show released in 2006 by BCI eclipse. With original cast member Katie Leigh graciously reprising her role of Shelia. Music reconstructed from the original series (with varying degrees of success) The creators of this episode are fans first, amateur animators second. There are many things I wish could have done differently in this presentation, but I am very proud of what we have accomplished and it is my hope that those who love this cartoon as much as we do will be pleased with what we have put together.
Ryan Nead- September 28, 2020

Official legal disclaimer:
Neither Ryan Nead nor I, Marshall Hubbard, own the rights to Dungeons and Dragons. The rights belong to Hasbro-Wizards of The Coast. Original cast voices appear in the episode, as well as a role reprisal from Katie Leigh to which she gave her legal assent. The radio production voiceovers used are owned by its respective corporation. This animation was made for the purpose of fan enjoyment is not owned by us in a way for commercial purposes.

Professional Disclaimer:
We have attempted to follow Michael Reaves' amazing script to the closest letter, except places that were beyond our abilities to create. His script ends at 28 minutes on an "open ending" that he was instructed to write by the producers, should the series continue to a 4th season. The extra events that occur after that are strictly my ideas (discussed with my co-creator Marshall Hubbard) on how to close out the series. With concepts and events stemming from previous stories, and in an attempt to bring a definitive closure to the story of the search for a way home.

Last edited:

I would rather this end. It was very good and close to the original spirit to be amateur.

A D&D cartoon with a low level of violence is possible thanks lots of magical no-lethal effects: grease, spiderweb, hold person, sleep, and no biological monsters, for example elementals, constructs and outsiders disintigrating when they are defeated.

The setting of Witchlight could offer a lot of optins for kid-friendly stories, even someones with a tone of comedy.

The 80's cartoon was not perfect, but there was a lot of imagination.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I would rather this end. It was very good and close to the original spirit to be amateur.

A D&D cartoon with a low level of violence is possible thanks lots of magical no-lethal effects: grease, spiderweb, hold person, sleep, and no biological monsters, for example elementals, constructs and outsiders disintigrating when they are defeated.

The setting of Witchlight could offer a lot of optins for kid-friendly stories, even someones with a tone of comedy.

The 80's cartoon was not perfect, but there was a lot of imagination.
Going to be wild seeing Hank finally putting a Force Arrow through an Orcs face.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
There wasn't a Transformer cartoon for a few years in the early 1990s. Longer if you don't count Generation 2 (which was just repackaged G1 episodes). But pretty much every year since then, correct.
Yeah, so nothing like the D&D cartoon and behavior of Hasbro towards cartoon and product tie-ins

R_J_K75

Legend
I'm still not an anime fan, but every genre has great stand-out works.
My attention span is pretty limited these days after going on disability and COVID. I tried watching Castlevania, I got 1 to 2 episodes in and shut it off and just never tried watching again. Not that it was bad. As stupid as this sounds the TV is on in the background but if it wasnt Id probably flip out after 3 days. Long story short I usually end up watching the same things over and over unless its a Bills or Sabres game,

It and the real ghostbusters are arguably the best cartoons of the 80s.

I know what I'd want if they bring it back.

A sequal series.

A group of new teenagers of diverse backgrounds, but friends decide to check out this old abandoned park and well, shenanigans happen and they end up in this world.

Instead of Dungeon Master, their guru is an old Eric, a cantankerous and cranky old knight that is sarcastic and gets in the way of their fun.

But just as he's getting on your nerves, they find out why.

He's trying to have them avoid the issues they had when his original crew got stuck back in the 80s.

He'd rather not have child soldiers this time, thank you very much.

Despite his mother hen personality, he really does care and is a big damn hero of the realm.

Episode by episode we reveal what happened to the rest of the crew and generally speaking, it's not good.

Presto has gone mad with power and has almost become Bargle like in his personality.

and Hank disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

So this new crew of adventurers has to save the original party from ...well themselves.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
It and the real ghostbusters are arguably the best cartoons of the 80s.

I know what I'd want if they bring it back.

A sequal series.

A group of new teenagers of diverse backgrounds, but friends decide to check out this old abandoned park and well, shenanigans happen and they end up in this world.

Instead of Dungeon Master, their guru is an old Eric, a cantankerous and cranky old knight that is sarcastic and gets in the way of their fun.

But just as he's getting on your nerves, they find out why.

He's trying to have them avoid the issues they had when his original crew got stuck back in the 80s.

He'd rather not have child soldiers this time, thank you very much.

Despite his mother hen personality, he really does care and is a big damn hero of the realm.

Episode by episode we reveal what happened to the rest of the crew and generally speaking, it's not good.

Presto has gone mad with power and has almost become Bargle like in his personality.

and Hank disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

So this new crew of adventurers has to save the original party from ...well themselves.
That sounds pretty dark.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases