• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do elves have body hair?

Elves don't have much body hair; they just don't produce much testosterone.

This explains why the elven birth rate is so low, and so many frustrated elven women apparently turn to humans for a bit of affection. ;) The men are all "Not tonight darling, I think I'll go singing under the stars instead."

PapersAndPaychecks said:
Elves don't have much body hair; they just don't produce much testosterone.

This explains why the elven birth rate is so low, and so many frustrated elven women apparently turn to humans for a bit of affection. ;) The men are all "Not tonight darling, I think I'll go singing under the stars instead."

Incidentally, this line of thought leads to intriguing speculations about dwarfs.

Jupp

Explorer
PapersAndPaychecks said:
Incidentally, this line of thought leads to intriguing speculations about dwarfs.

Which reminds me that some time ago our DM had us explore the dwarven palace of Olinstad of Corond (GH, Principality of Ulek). And guess into what the (human) Barbarian and the Fighter ran into? A harem full of bearded female dwarves....The rest of the story is clouded in the mists of silence since the rest of us had to go out of the room (party split up)...I think it was better for us and our sanity... :uhoh:

Last edited:

awayfarer

First Post
I suggested once to a friend that all of en elfs body hair is in their armpits. They grow it long and tie it into intricate and beautiful braids.

Brogarn

First Post
First off, Dwarven women don't have beards in every setting! Being a fan of dwarves, I prefer the ones that don't. Because, well, eww. Whomever came up with that whole bearded lady thing had issues.

Secondly, and because I can't resist, certain lonely elves do grow hair on their palms...

*rimshot*

I had an, um, adult discussion with a significant other about this topic. We came to the conclusion that elves had better durn well have some body hair, or else things would start to chafe in certain places.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
RangerWickett said:
I had an, um, adult discussion with a significant other about this topic. We came to the conclusion that elves had better durn well have some body hair, or else things would start to chafe in certain places.

Elves are too uber to chafe, man...
:)
That's how I generally see it. None except for the minimum needed.

There was a campaign setting I ran once where the elves were very clearly the superior species. One player's reaction was 'Man, do they even take a crap?'

I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'd been inspired by the Sanitized Metabolism advantage in GURPS and that, no, they only had to about once a week. Their metabolism was extremely efficient so they didn't have to eat that much (thus you could have a fairly large population of elves without them having to resort to much in the way of agriculture or hunting).

Eltharon

Explorer
I would say that elves have no body hair. They're to special to chafe.
Our resident dwarf expert is telling me that excessive body hair on dwarven women is bad. So I guess dwarven men don;t go for hairy chested women after all...

sniffles

First Post
Brogarn said:
First off, Dwarven women don't have beards in every setting! Being a fan of dwarves, I prefer the ones that don't. Because, well, eww. Whomever came up with that whole bearded lady thing had issues.
On the contrary, I think people who are creeped out by women with facial hair have issues - you'd probably be surprised by how many ordinary women have facial hair. Why do you think womens' razors and hair removers are so popular? We're not just making our legs smooth. :p

The PHB says elves have no facial hair. It seems unlikely that a people with no facial hair would have a lot of body hair.

I think Tolkien himself muddied the waters a bit, though. He described Cirdan the Shipwright as having a beard, but in other places he stated that the elves of Middle-Earth don't grow beards.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads