• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General do guys with ugly faces have strong willpower ?

Vaalingrade

Legend
Yes. Charisma has never been how pretty you are. People just infer it and force it like they do with HP being meat points.

They even had a separate state for hotness for.... some reason back in the day.

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
I wanted to point out that Orcs have ugly faces, and if you follow the thema as regards to Willpower ===> Charisma, then Orcs should have High Cha; perhaps they lack proper Int instead :)

Vaalingrade

Legend
1) Tusks are hot.

2) Orcs are apparently under the sway of Drunk Angry Dad Grummish, whose policies do nothign but get them killed enmasse, so Willpower not so much

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
yes... at least as resent as last year people told me every hit is a hit that draws blood
Sigh... poor, misguided souls. :(

Other game systems do have each hit is an actual hit, but that has never IME been the case with D&D, at least not since 1E came out.

It is probably why in many ways I like the d20 SW system of vitality and wounds the most, but that is for another thread. :)

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I wanted to point out that Orcs have ugly faces, and if you follow the thema as regards to Willpower ===> Charisma, then Orcs should have High Cha; perhaps they lack proper Int instead :)
While beauty might help with initial reactions, being followed has nothing really to do with it. An ugly orc or whatever with a high Charisma can express that in different way, all leading to others wanted to follow such a being.

I mean, really, look at some of the most influential and followed leaders through history, few of them are what most people would find as beautiful or handsome. However, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder and tastes differ.

For instance, I don't find tusks hot, but others do...
1) Tusks are hot.

Remove ads