• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do people enjoy reading campaign blogs?

Do you enjoy reading Campaign Blogs/Websites?

• I love them and I post comments often.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • I may glance at them, but I would never leave comments.

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Why waste my time reading the sophomoric ramblings of someone I don't even know?

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • What's a blog?

Votes: 1 1.5%

Mallus

Legend
I'll only read campaign blogs/Story Hours if they're written as fiction (though I don't read many). The one based my current CITY campaign featuring Burne the Alchemist is. Heck, when we play by post between sessions, it's all done as fiction. The following is a recent, actual post from Burne's player Rolzup:

"Burne sways gently back and forth at the end of the chain, frowning. “This lack dignity,” he decides, “And vengeance must be exacted. Abraxis, attend! Initiate Megabraxis mode! Go!”

"Megabraxis. Mode? What. Does. That...."

Of their own volition, Abraxis’ legs release their death grip upon Burne’s armor. The famulus drops with a startled yowl, tumbling through space. But as he falls past his master’s legs, the familiar...unfolds, like some piece of moderately lethal origami. In the blink of an eye, accompanied by whiring, clicking, and a shrill grinding noise, Abraxis’ size increases twenty-fold.

With a roar twin columns of blue-white flame bloom from strange devices upon the mechanical cat’s sides, supporting it, albeit unsteadily, in mid-air.

Burne emits a grunt of satisfaction. “Excellent. I wasn’t entirely certain that would work.”

"What. Would. Work? What. Have. You. Done. To. Me?"

“Improved you. Now be quick, we have pain to inflict.”

Dropping to Abraxis’ back, Burne cocks the engine and grins an unsettling grin as Abraxis’ new engines flare and the pair begin to ascend the cliff.

“I. Am. Not. Entirely. Certain. That. I. Am. Comfortable. With. This. Transformation.”

“Ah. Fortunately, I am entirely certain that I don’t give a damn. Fly, curse you!”

As the pair reaches the top of the cliff, Burne sneers and fires a glowing sphere from one of the Engine’s tubes. It explodes into a blizzard of glowing shards, which rain down upon the area....

<In brief: Swift action to cast Lesser Dragonshape on Abraxis, turning it into the mechanical equivalent of a fragile Large Red Dragon.

Move action to make a Dex and/or Ride check of 22 to drop onto Abraxis’ back, whereupon Abraxis takes a move action of his own to ascend the cliffside.

Once they’ve risen past the top, Burne fires off a Widened Glitterdust to cover the area. DC22 Will save to avoid being blinded. Um...hopefully party members will have no problem with that....>

Ebon Shar

Explorer
To answer my own poll...I generally will only read and continue reading a campaign blog if the game being played is one that I'm thinking of running or am currently running. I love to see how other DM's handle a given adventure/module. It gives me alternate perspectives on the material and may inspire me in ways the original material never did.

Remove ads