• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you mark your books?

Do you mark your gaming books?

• Yes.

Votes: 147 55.7%
  • No.

Votes: 109 41.3%
  • I just want to see the results.

Votes: 8 3.0%

Wombat

First Post
Game books are tools.

They are not collector's items.

I mark them whenever possible; I am the Master of Marginalia and carry on conversations with myself in books. (This, sadly, is not an exaggeration.)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
I put my name in mine to make sure I get MY book back. Sometimes someone wants to borrow a book and that way makes sure we each get our own book back... We're not worried about theft, just mixup. We're all friends who gather together to socialize and game.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

I write my name in the ones that the other players have. Years ago, in the days before scanners and Photoshop, I marked a lot of towns and villages on the maps that came with the Old Grey Forgotten Realms boxed set.

Cheers

Richard

Joker

First Post
I carved the first one and a half letters of my name in the front of the 3.5 PHB.

Just to make it personal.

But truthfully I don't care if I get *my* book back. As long as I get all of the books back with which I came into the game. They just have to be same ones, not necessarily purchased by me.

haiiro said:
I do actually put a little rune in most of my books, particularly the gaming books. I'm not worried about theft, but I do like to have a way of sorting mine out of the pile that tends to accumulate on the table during sessions. It's kind of nice at cons, too.
That's my motivation as well -- I don't care about theft, nor am I worried about it, except accidentally when everyone involved is trying to sort out who has who's book, etc.

On the broader unasked question, I don't like marking up my books like textbooks (I actually never liked marking up my textbooks either) because I have this strange aversion to writing in books. Just a personal hang-up, I suppose.

Remove ads