• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you own a set of "crystal" dice?

Do you own a set of crystal dice? Check all applicable......

• What the heck are you talking about?

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • Yes!

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Yes, but I never use them 'cuz they suck!

Votes: 30 9.3%
  • Yes, I actually own MORE THAN ONE set! THEY RULE!

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • No!

Votes: 94 29.3%
  • No, and I don't want to! THEY SUCK!

Votes: 47 14.6%
  • No, but I'd like to!

Votes: 36 11.2%
  • Not a whole set, but I do have individual crystal dice.

Votes: 61 19.0%
  • Geez, those 'crystal' d20s really blow, huh?

Votes: 45 14.0%

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I too mistakenly voted yes because I thought the poll was referring to the real crystal Dwarven Stones by Crystal Castle. I don?t like the barrel dice either. As for pyramid d4s I like Chessex ones with the numbers at the points. Much easier to read than numbers at the base.

Krieg

First Post
Krieg said:
If you look at the photo below the sour cream package is the shape I think they should have gone with. It's a bit hard to see but it is the best I could find. Essentially it is two triangles, each split open into a V, then rotated so that the open ends mesh together...

Hey they do exist!!

dice_D4_OPAQUE_ROUNDED_SWIRL_WEDGE.jpg

RFisher said:
I did not know that. Any chance you'd have some citations handy or could just point me in the right direction to learn more about such?

Can't find my original source now but will keep looking.

Sorry about that.

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Twowolves said:
Nope, no "crystal" dice, but I do have a nice set made from meteorite.......

:]

WOW ... were you the winner of the set ... buy it ... or win it at auction?

There were only 3 complete sets made

The first set was won in a raffle at a con (Gencon 2002 I think) by a fireman who planned to auction them off on ebay and give the money to charity

The second set which was auctioned at the con and sold for something like $800

The third set I have no knowledge of :(

At the time ... I could only justify purchasing the D20

Tarlonniel

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
I used to be in a game with a girl who only owned one set of dice, and these are what she had. Every time she rolled that damn d20 the game would grind to a halt as we waited for it to roll down the length of the table and either hit something or fall of the other end.

Hee hee - that was me ;) :D Hey, 'twas my first set of dice and I didn't know any better. They looked cool!

Twowolves

Explorer
My fiance got them for me as an engagement present, off of Ebay, I believe. The seller claimed to be the only person to have a set of the meteorite dice, the dinosaur fossil dice and the wooley mammoth dice. They came in a nice glass case complete with the certificate of authenticity from Crystal Caste.

Oh yeah, I'm keeping her!

Last edited:

Remove ads