D&D (2024) Do you plan to adopt D&D5.5One2024Redux?

Plan to adopt the new core rules?

• Yep

Votes: 250 54.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 210 45.7%

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I assumed the subtext of “assuming you play 5E” was obvious, but I guess not!
The question, however, also applies to those currently playing other editions or even non-D&D systems; when one reads "Do you plan to adopt [5.5e]?" as "Are the changes in 5.5 enough to make you adopt it over whatever you're playing now?".

The only unspoken assumption is that the respondents are currently playing some sort of RPG.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
I'd like to come back to 5e at some point and pull some stuff from DCC (which I am currently* playing). If the redux has some stuff I like, then why limit myself?

*Our group is on hiatus. Still trying to sync up schedules.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think that we should keep in mind: 1) A large percentage of people that post "No" now will probably change their minds when other people in their group bring stuff into their games, or otherwise see the product; AND 2) If it turns out to somehow be disruptive or not good, some of the people who say "Yes" might buy the product and then drop using it.

Or in other words, this Poll (Which I'm not dismissing! Don't take this the wrong way!) is only meaningful to discover intent - which I don't believe will wind up matching reality terribly closely.

Remove ads