• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Do you plan to adopt D&D5.5One2024Redux?

Plan to adopt the new core rules?

• Yep

Votes: 255 53.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 223 46.7%

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Well, we've had several DMs here who've said that they wouldn't allow a particular feature for various reasons.

There's going to be DMs who've had a bad experience with a certain feature with other groups and have decided to ban the feature altogether (one of the DMs at my table automatically disallows a few feats, including Lucky, for this reason).

There's also going to be DMs who'll reasonably say "I'm going to say no now so we can get back to the game, and we can have the discussion about feature later on" (another of the DMs at my table did this with a particular cantrip, but after the game decided that the players' ideas were sound).
All of that seems rather beside my point.

You're white rooming it, and so in deep with white rooming it you want me to white room respond to your white room points.

Playtest it, or watch someone else's playtest. Trust me. If you don't think what you see is convincing, OK not much more than a few minutes lost right?

Here's one for example but it's far from the only one. Just about every playtest discovers it's far more powerful than they thought by just reading it. In fact, quite possibly overpowered.

You could really link someone better than treantmonk, someone who lost any credibility for me when he made whole video ranting how poorly designed 5e Vecna is and tried to prove it by whiterooming a scenario with builds made specifically to exploit Vecna';s weak points in a white room with no strategy or enviromental factors and also letting them just go straight from a long rest and go nova on the target. I don't trust anything he says. He made a thesis for clickbait and then cooked the playtest up to support the thesis.

Also you still haven't adressed any of my issues. Why Monk doesn't get the access to anything like weapon mastery, ensuring that, despite damage boost, it will be still tailing behind Fighter and Barbarian and make the one class that should be all about using technique look like an incompetent moron who can just mindlessly slap people and cannot think of tactics and techniques to use in combat? Why is Unarmored Defense a class feature that makes Monk easier to hit than anyone else with an armor? Why are multiple of Monk features either midigating lack of discipline points instead of just increasing the amount of discipline points? Why are multiple of Monk features worse version of something other classes can get much faster?

Remove ads