Dragonlance Do you plan to buy Dragonlance?

Do you plan to buy Dragonlance

• Yes

Votes: 73 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 70 39.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 29 16.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.4%

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I will likely buy some of the player facing content piecemeal on D&D Beyond for my players (I am throwing open the doors for what kind of player characters people can make for our upcoming Radiant Citadel campaign), but the campaign and setting don't do anything for me. (But I'm glad this exists for people who love it.)

People really seem to be seeing Theros as some kind of exclusion precedent.
To be honest, I'm not sure there's really been anything else they've published where you'd have expected to see racial exclusions. Forgotten Realms has always been a kitchen sink setting, Eberron was specifically designed so that everything in D&D had a place there, Spelljammer is an explicitly multiversal setting where any manner of weirdness fits (planescape is the same) and all sorts of random visitors are right at home in Strixhaven too (I know nothing about Ravnica, can't comment on that one).

The other setting they've published where race restrictions COULD have found a home was Ravenloft. But even that historically has allowed any sort of PC to be pulled in by the mists from any world. It was normally written as if humans were the overwhelming majority, but i don't think it was ever enforced at all. Ravenloft was much more about class restrictions in previous editions, rather than racial restrictions, but as has been said, WotC clearly has no intention of bringing those into 5e. If I can play a dhampir fiend-pact warlock with an imp familar in Ravenloft and suffer no consequences for it, then clearly all bets are off...

Last edited:

Remove ads