Do you prefer week-by-week or a full series drop?

Full drop or weekly?

• Full drop—I’m a binger, baby!

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Weekly—I like it slow and steady!

Votes: 33 50.0%

aco175

Legend
A bit like what @Parmandur said, I end up waiting for the who show to eventually come out so I can watch it all in a few sittings. But then the problem is people are talking about it and I miss out. I caught myself a few times and got bit a few times. There was all this hype on the new Bass Reeves show which I thought I would like only to watch two episodes and need to wait. Not sure when I will get back to it.

I find that when I turn on the paystreams, I'm looking for something to watch for a few hours like a movie or a 3-4 episodes of a show, and a show that I can come back tomorrow or finish in a week. I have things taped on the cable box that I might watch each week.

I find that I do not even watch Thursday night football since it is on Prime, which I would normally have on and flip back and forth on something else.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
A bit like what @Parmandur said, I end up waiting for the who show to eventually come out so I can watch it all in a few sittings. But then the problem is people are talking about it and I miss out. I caught myself a few times and got bit a few times. There was all this hype on the new Bass Reeves show which I thought I would like only to watch two episodes and need to wait. Not sure when I will get back to it.

I find that when I turn on the paystreams, I'm looking for something to watch for a few hours like a movie or a 3-4 episodes of a show, and a show that I can come back tomorrow or finish in a week. I have things taped on the cable box that I might watch each week.

I find that I do not even watch Thursday night football since it is on Prime, which I would normally have on and flip back and forth on something else.
TNF is almost unwatchable anyways :LOL:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It looks fairly even so far!

Of course with both methods you can watch out how you want. With a full drop you can watch it weekly still (not that I imagine anybody in the history of ever has done that), and with a weekly release you can wait until the end and binge (I know people who do that).

But I get that waiting till the end can be annoying if you know everybody else is watching, and delaying a binge is hard when everybody is spoiling it for you.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

Of course with both methods you can watch out how you want. With a full drop you can watch it weekly still (not that I imagine anybody in the history of ever has done that), and with a weekly release you can wait until the end and binge (I know people who do that).

But I get that waiting till the end can be annoying if you know everybody else is watching, and delaying a binge is hard when everybody is spoiling it for you.
I will say how loud the water cooler chatter is will effect my preference. On big time shows everybody is watching, I like the weekly release for discussion. On things that are more genre niche that has little chatter; its better to dump.

Thourne

Hero

Actually, the wife and I watch several shows with our son when he comes over weekly to visit.
So, it isnt unusual for us to watch a dropped show one ep a week.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Tough question. Whenever it's a good show, AND I have the time (an important qualifier), I want to binge it. But sometimes the weekly drop keeps the anticipation high and keeps me from sitting in front of the television too long at one time.

So, ultimately, I'm OK with either. The question is - is one a clear winner for the streaming service and likely to enable them to provide more of such content (or give their content providers more data for arguing for a better contract)? If so, I'm OK with them coming down on one side or the other.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm like a few others here - I much prefer full drops. But not necessarily to binge-watch. I'll watch an episode every day or two. I just find that if I have to wait a full week, I might not remember to come back to that show at all.

I think the best of both worlds is probably to release a few at a time, but not full seasons at once.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
With a full drop you can watch it weekly still (not that I imagine anybody in the history of ever has done that)

I haven't said, "This dropped all at once, but I will watch it on Thursdays at 9 PM." However, when things do drop as a whole, I will still often watch them at a pace of about one per week.

Delayed gratification is a thing. Some of you might like to look into it.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'm like a few others here - I much prefer full drops. But not necessarily to binge-watch. I'll watch an episode every day or two. I just find that if I have to wait a full week, I might not remember to come back to that show at all.
So far, that's really only happened to me with shows I wasn't that thrilled with. "Oh, hello, Amazon Prime fantasy series. I forgot you were there."

Remove ads