D&D Movie/TV Do you think the D&D Movie will be good?

Do you think the D&D Movie will be good?

• Yes, and I plan to see it

Votes: 81 68.1%
  • Yes, but I won't see it for reasons

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No, but I plan to see it anyway

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • No, and I won't see it

Votes: 17 14.3%

dave2008

Legend
It depends what you mean by good and who your asking.

20-30 years ago I was in an "art-film" phase. That version of me would not expect this movie to be "good."

Current me doesn't want to think when I go to a movie and just want to relax and have fun. This version of me thinks it could be "good."

Mort

Legend
Supporter
As was stated earlier, the cast is good and has the potential for really delivering. The writers/directors are great and have done good work before. Plus they understand D&D (one is a huge fan and has 5e writing credit). So I am optimistic.

I do hope though, that there is real dialogue and that they avoid the "everyone speaks in witticisms" instead of actually talking to each other current trend!

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I do hope though, that there is real dialogue and that they avoid the "everyone speaks in witticisms" instead of actually talking to each other current trend!
Heh - I actually prefer dialogue that sounds like dialogue instead of "real speech" in my action movies. The more "real" they try to make it, the more fake it sounds to me. If they're leaning into the heightened reality on the dialogue side it makes it easier on my suspension of disbelief when they get to the impossible action scenes.

(I'm just hoping that nobody on the cast is a mumbler. I mentioned Fast and Furious movies earlier and I swear that Vin Diesel used to be able to speak clearly enough to be understood. Now he might as well be a mime for as much good his dialogue does.)

Oofta

Legend
I think it's likely to be good. Which for me means reasonably entertaining. Although I may be a bit disappointed if Dungeon Master doesn't make a cameo. ;)

Remove ads