D&D Movie/TV Do you think the D&D Movie will be good?

Do you think the D&D Movie will be good?

• Yes, and I plan to see it

Votes: 81 68.1%
  • Yes, but I won't see it for reasons

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No, but I plan to see it anyway

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • No, and I won't see it

Votes: 17 14.3%

I expect it to be solid entertainment and better than everything we got before, but probably not exactly a movie you will remember for years.
I might actually go and see it in the cinema, though convenience will probably win if Paramount manages to finally provide 4k, HDR and Atmos sound for Paramount+ over here.

I wish there was an option of "I'm not sure" and "I'm not sure I can judge that in regards to it's target audience."

Because to me this is going to be a complex adaption to pull off and not fall into the trap of being too much like a Guardians of the Galaxy spinoff or too like other offerings. But also, if they're going into the mainstream and want to keep that mainstream while giving them an option to explore further, they have to be careful about how much lore and background they pack in, and what potential obscure things they do.

I don't think I am the target audience though. My relationship with fantasy is weird... and I really am not a huge fan of films. There's obviously ones I love and enjoy but I find that for such a wide world and concept, they would be better going down a longer paced type of media, like television, as they quite obviously plan to have a number of sequels to this further down the line. I'd be much more likely to watch it then.

Kaodi

Hero
My current gut feeling is that it will be enjoyable and worth watching again for fantasy fans from time to time but not strictly good enough for an equally resourced sequel.

Remove ads