Do you use any of Dungeon's Maps of Mystery?

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Well, the Maps of Mystery feature has been around for a while, & I was just curious if anyone has used any of them for their game.

I think they're handy little maps to use---the dungeon maps even moreso than the regional ones. However, for my homebrew campaign, the regional maps prove to be a big timesaver as well.

Well, anyone?

Darrell

First Post
I've used the "Abandoned Keep" maps and Steven Daniele's 'side-view' underdark map (from the 'pre-3e' issues) so far.

In addition, I'm strongly considering adapting the continental map in the current issue for a future campaign in an extremely low-magic, monotheistic world that I have in the back of my mind right now--in whch case. I'll probably also make use of the city map from a few issues back.

I find it an incredible help to have some things (like location maps) pre-made--ready for me to fill things in as I need 'em. "Maps of Mystery" is my favorite part of Dungeon.

Regards,
Darrell King

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
AFGNCAAP said:
Well, the Maps of Mystery feature has been around for a while, & I was just curious if anyone has used any of them for their game.

I think they're handy little maps to use---the dungeon maps even moreso than the regional ones.

I get some real good use out of them... and the reqular maps for that matter. If I know I am not going to use an adventure (like some of the earlier less adaptable 3e Realms adventures... the more recent one is a bit more flexible), I'll rob the map from it, too.

I generally DON'T get much use out of the region maps. I have those already for my world.

The dungeon maps are a different matter. There was one in one of the earlier 3e issues that had an egyptian motif that I made into a yuan-ti lair. Another early 3e one that had the name of an Aztec fire god on it became the lair for a fire-themed mummy. The map from the early 3e realms adventure had a mountain lair inhabited by zhents... it became a drow outpost for me.

I even grab old maps from the dungeon website. There are some old maps of mystery and other maps from issues that I don't even have that. There is a side shot of an underground cave system that became a small peice of my underdark. There is one from an old dungeon I don't have that has some floating crystaline structure in an underground cavern. I am sort of curious what the original adventure was, but I may end up using that one as well.

Harlequin

First Post
Good Maps...

Hi

I was looking thru all the Map Downloads on the Dungeon Mag site and there are alot, how should i put it, avaerage maps there...

It will take some time to search through them all and i was just wondering if anyone has links to the 'better' maps from the site?

***Edit***

Actually has anyone downloaded all the maps from the Dungeon Mag site? It would be so much easier to put them all in one zip and check them out :(

Harlequin

Last edited:

Remove ads