Do You Want 400 New Magic Items For Your D&D 5E Game?

If so, you're in luck - because Paradigm Concepts is holding a Kickstarter to do just that! "Forged in Magic: REFORGED adds over 400+ magic items to your 5E campaign – from magical weapons and armors, rings, and shields to mystical potions, magical staffs and a myriad of wondrous items. Forged in Magic: REFORGED doesn’t just provide a list of items and their properties, but many also have a backstory on its creation or history. While these stories are set in the Arcanis: World of Shattered Empires campaign setting, the rich detail can help you place these in any published setting or your own home made campaign." They've kindly sent me along an exclusive preview of the upcoming book.

If so, you're in luck - because Paradigm Concepts is holding a Kickstarter to do just that! "Forged in Magic: REFORGED adds over 400+ magic items to your 5E campaign – from magical weapons and armors, rings, and shields to mystical potions, magical staffs and a myriad of wondrous items. Forged in Magic: REFORGED doesn’t just provide a list of items and their properties, but many also have a backstory on its creation or history. While these stories are set in the Arcanis: World of Shattered Empires campaign setting, the rich detail can help you place these in any published setting or your own home made campaign." They've kindly sent me along an exclusive preview of the upcoming book.

The Kickstarter launched earlier today. $35 for the full-colour book (not counting shipping) or $15 for the PDF. It's 160-pages, soft back, in full-colour, and stretch goals increase the size and upgrade it to hardcover.

FiM Page_Enworld Exclusive_final.jpg

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
Thank you...
You are welcome.

but fire bolt is not a core SRD spell.. so we realy can't refer to it unless we creare our own version of the spell.
In that case, I encourage you to make the effect even more distinctly different from the spell than it already is - change the name to something else, and make the effect even less reminiscent by not using d10s for damage.

And I don't think there would be harm in making sure that the effect would be an appealing option even if the character with the gauntlet equipped could spend their action to attack multiple times with a longbow, or an actual cantrip.

At any rate, I wish you luck in your endeavor.

sidonunspa

First Post
You are welcome.

In that case, I encourage you to make the effect even more distinctly different from the spell than it already is - change the name to something else, and make the effect even less reminiscent by not using d10s for damage.

And I don't think there would be harm in making sure that the effect would be an appealing option even if the character with the gauntlet equipped could spend their action to attack multiple times with a longbow, or an actual cantrip.

At any rate, I wish you luck in your endeavor.

no thank you.. seriously...

already went back and tweaked the item in response to your post..

(for example, instead of an action, its now an attack.... so someone can make multiple attacks with it)

Last edited by a moderator:

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I really like the idea of magic items and spells compendiums. It seems like a good book and probably becoming a backer. I have a question though, is this the only third party magic item supplement avaible?

sidonunspa

First Post
I really like the idea of magic items and spells compendiums. It seems like a good book and probably becoming a backer. I have a question though, is this the only third party magic item supplement avaible?

As far as I know, yes it is...

well, with the exception of some PDF products on RPGnow and GMguild.. but those are much smaller (like 16 pages, I think)

Last edited by a moderator:

PCIHenry

Explorer
Thank you, Psikerlord. Our company's primary goal has always been to tell good stories, whether through small fluff stories, like you see written for our magic items or in the epic adventures we tell through our long running living campaign. I appreciate you taking the time to letting me know you enjoyed reading it.

tsalla

First Post
Looks neat!

Quick typo correction if it's not too late. Caption under the illustration says "Whip of the Hussma", while the main entry says "Whip of the Hussuma".

PCIHenry

Explorer
Thank you tsalla - Good catch. This is a sample layout and not the final one. We won't be laying out the book until we know all the extra pages and enhancements that are unlocked after the Kickstarter is over.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
What I can't make up so easily are the genuinely creative stuff: paints that allow you to paint temporary holes in things, an ordinary-looking rock which does 1d6 damage when thrown (60' range) but never misses, a severed troll hand mounted on a pike staff which refuses to attack creature that are on fire, etc.

Huzzah! You just did!

Remove ads

Remove ads