Do You Want 400 New Magic Items For Your D&D 5E Game?

If so, you're in luck - because Paradigm Concepts is holding a Kickstarter to do just that! "Forged in Magic: REFORGED adds over 400+ magic items to your 5E campaign – from magical weapons and armors, rings, and shields to mystical potions, magical staffs and a myriad of wondrous items. Forged in Magic: REFORGED doesn’t just provide a list of items and their properties, but many also have a backstory on its creation or history. While these stories are set in the Arcanis: World of Shattered Empires campaign setting, the rich detail can help you place these in any published setting or your own home made campaign." They've kindly sent me along an exclusive preview of the upcoming book.

If so, you're in luck - because Paradigm Concepts is holding a Kickstarter to do just that! "Forged in Magic: REFORGED adds over 400+ magic items to your 5E campaign – from magical weapons and armors, rings, and shields to mystical potions, magical staffs and a myriad of wondrous items. Forged in Magic: REFORGED doesn’t just provide a list of items and their properties, but many also have a backstory on its creation or history. While these stories are set in the Arcanis: World of Shattered Empires campaign setting, the rich detail can help you place these in any published setting or your own home made campaign." They've kindly sent me along an exclusive preview of the upcoming book.

The Kickstarter launched earlier today. $35 for the full-colour book (not counting shipping) or $15 for the PDF. It's 160-pages, soft back, in full-colour, and stretch goals increase the size and upgrade it to hardcover.

FiM Page_Enworld Exclusive_final.jpg

dave2008

Legend
Heh. I'm working on a project--not a book but an online tool. I'll make sure to ping you when it's ready.

In the meantime you could check out one of my doppelgangers like Courtney Campbell (of hackslashmaster fame). We have mostly very similar attitudes towards 5E and D&D in general, except that he's about 10x better and more experienced than I am, and I'm more simulationist than he is.

Two of the three examples I gave came from his writings (because I was browsing his book on Treasure recently). The paint for temporary holes may have been my idea, or I may have stolen it from elsewhere, I'm not sure.

Sounds good to me, and thanks for the heads up about CC.

ddaley

Explorer
Magic Musical Instruments

I will most likely back this kickstarter, 'cause I have no will power and it looks quite interesting.

But, I am in need of some interesting magic items now as well... does this hack and slash compendium have magical, musical instruments?

No, I remembered those. Two of them at least. The troll pike and the rock that never misses are both from here: http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2015/03/on-hack-and-slash-compendium-2.html

I'm not sure about the paints. I feel like I may have read about them somewhere at some point.

sidonunspa

First Post
I will most likely back this kickstarter, 'cause I have no will power and it looks quite interesting.

But, I am in need of some interesting magic items now as well... does this hack and slash compendium have magical, musical instruments?

Yep! a few as a matter of fact

Sadly, no. But!

(1) All the content from the compendium is also posted publicly for free.
(2) It does have magical hearts and (thanks to collaboration) Goblin Punch's magical arrows as well.

I find both of those articles inspiring. Especially the bit about the magical arrows being "traded like baseball cards" by a certain culture. That attitude makes the arrows fun to own even if they're not "optimal" to actually expend. I also enjoy thinking about where such items might come from in the first place.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
No, I remembered those. Two of them at least. The troll pike and the rock that never misses are both from here: http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2015/03/on-hack-and-slash-compendium-2.html

I'm not sure about the paints. I feel like I may have read about them somewhere at some point.

All I can think of for Portable hole Paints are old Warner Bros Bugs Bunny cartoons where they'd paint a fake train or car tunnel for the protagonist to go through.
Kinda like that idea for a magic item actually....

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
These sound great, but what I really want is at least one of the DM's in either of the 5E games I'm in to give my character a magic weapon--character levels 7 and 4.

Goemoe

Explorer
I am interested, but I wonder, if those guys can do better than wizards and do useful lists of their items. When I look for a sword, I need a list of 'swords', when my group should find a staff, I want to look up 'staffs'. The 5E DMG is the most useless D&D tome ever created (as far as I remember) to look up magical items. So any info on this?

sidonunspa

First Post
I am interested, but I wonder, if those guys can do better than wizards and do useful lists of their items. When I look for a sword, I need a list of 'swords', when my group should find a staff, I want to look up 'staffs'. The 5E DMG is the most useless D&D tome ever created (as far as I remember) to look up magical items. So any info on this?

Yes, we are breaking up the items into item groups (for example... rings are a section, so are "staffs, wands, and rods") think closer to the 3.5 classifications

Also we are also looking to create new treasure tables that split up consumable magic items from permanent ones. But seeing these take up a lot of space, so it’s a “wait and see” idea till the entire book is laid out.

As an aside… we are stating out some new weapons for 5e, such as the cestus, cutlass, falchion, and the gladius for example.

sidonunspa

First Post
These sound great, but what I really want is at least one of the DM's in either of the 5E games I'm in to give my character a magic weapon--character levels 7 and 4.

GMs are worried about those +X to hit and damage at low levels...

but our runic item system lets GMs create low powered magic weapons that can be given out even at 1st level..

we also introduce rules for "bound" items that grow with the character as they level up.

Remove ads

Remove ads