Doctor Who (2020) - spoilers!

Vael

Legend
It was interesting how Clara went from one of my favorite companions when paired with Smith to one of my least favorite with Capaldi even though I loved Capaldi.

I do think that's indicative of the writing taking a shift for the worse.

How strange, I go completely the other way. Clara as the "Impossible Girl" was bothersome, it was another annoying mystery which didn't do much for me. And the romantic tones between her and Smith frustrated me. Clara was at her best with Capaldi in her last season, I didn't care for Capaldi's first season that much.

I haven't noticed a downward trend in the writing, but I've noticed a flattening. Early seasons of nuWho have had superlatively fantastic episodes, but also absolute bombs. The last Capaldi season, and the two seasons of Whittaker have been pretty evenly good for me. Nothing has captivated me as much as say "Blink", but nothing has frustrated me as much as "Fear Her", for example.

Ryujin

Legend
Me too. Even before River Song's origins were revealed, but once they showed us that two humans coneiving a child in the midst of time travel leads to a timelord (is she technically a timelord, they never say, but she certainly seems to be one), it's pretty strongly implied as a possibility.

It would go a long way to help explain The Doctor's affinity for a crappy race like Humanity.

I believe it was mentioned that River only had one heart.

My theory is that timelords are the descendants of humans who were altered by time travel. You know, like how Rory and Amy's kid was a timelord.
Is river song really a time lord and also is she really their kid? I feel like there is a whole lot of WEIRD surrounding her even by doctor (let alone time lord even) standards. I feel like she and bad wolf are somehow slightly not mortal (i mean not the mortal KIND of being. Not just immortal. Sorta how the demons like the beast are outright somehow higher in a way than normal life.). A liiitle bit god like. Demigods basically (so somewhere between humans/time lords/housecats vs things like the beast/the tentacle beings from another universe in classic who (cant remember their name).) somewhat like omega became.

Also totally not playing favorites or anything. I actually dont even like her character. But somehow river actually seems like MORE than a time lord. Is that weird?

My theory is that timelords are the descendants of humans who were altered by time travel. You know, like how Rory and Amy's kid was a timelord.
Also for the record i actually think that timelords are part human and a few other things. But i also think it goes vice verse. That is to say that those other things are also part time lord. Due to time travel im saying i think they essentially have the same thing going on that illithids have wich is to say that their temporal origin has become indeterminate. Its a paradoxical loop where timelords, humans, and a couple other races keep progenerating eachother and then diverging "the long way round".

On a side note, i think neothelids may actually still be extraordinarily immature illithids (just less so than tadpoles). I think THOON's true nature may actually be that its the only known example we have of a fully adult illithid pure form.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It would go a long way to help explain The Doctor's affinity for a crappy race like Humanity.

I believe it was mentioned that River only had one heart.
Humanity is fantastic, so no explanation needed, there.

And River may have one heart, but she regenerates, and has a natural affinity for the TARDIS and such, she’s definitely some kind of Timelord.

Humanity is fantastic, so no explanation needed, there.

And River may have one heart, but she regenerates, and has a natural affinity for the TARDIS and such, she’s definitely some kind of Timelord.
She actually directly states the explanation for her affinity for the tardis.

She states very clearly (and at some point so does the doctor) that she is "PART TARDIS".

So thats where the affinity comes from. Literally part tardis is the claim.

Pretty sure shes part time lord too though.

I think my favorite companion was cap'n jack harkness.
Actually...after really really thinking it over...i think jack harkness is actually the onky companion i like as a character. I hate every other companion's guts and find them incredibly annoying. Only just now did sit down think it through and realize harkness was the only exception though. Huh...why is it that all the companions are so annoying to me? Really weird.

Oh well 🙃 😼

So, now the "secret" is out about the true nature of the Doctor. I know a lot of people hate it aggressively so, is that the reason there were no new posts in a while? ;)

I have some mixed feelings. I kinda liked the idea that the Doctor was a special Timelord because of the choices (s)he made for her life. He didn't need a "special" origin. It's a big retcon in ways, but in ways that's also not really a big deal to me - Gallifrey has been a dead place for most of the series, and I haven't actually seen much of the previous shows to notice how much it might retcon, because it basically retcons nothing in the "new" series.

Remove ads