Doctor Who Series 6 Fall run

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I liked that it was the "old" cybermen. Plus a cybermat! I was just watching old Troughton episodes and was reminded of the little silver cyberbugs. It was cool to see one included in the new series.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
The dept store ep seemed like filler to me with a few brief bright spots (the name "Stormageddon" for instance) and some cleanup of details. Of course, there will always be better and lesser episodes in any series. I look forward to seeing how they work out the death so they can move on.

I'm sorry it wasn't good for you, but I loved it - I really like the ones where they show that particular side of the doctor. I loved the Shssss!, I loved the Doctors easy way of making friends with people, I liked the whole thing really.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I'm sorry it wasn't good for you, but I loved it - I really like the ones where they show that particular side of the doctor. I loved the Shssss!, I loved the Doctors easy way of making friends with people, I liked the whole thing really.

I think part of my problem with this one was that the characters all seemed to lack depth, even the Doctor, but that's a fault of the writing, obviously. Craig was rather one-note ("You need help, Doctor, and when you're around something is up!) The rest of the Dept Store Employees were all rather cliche. Even the moment where the Doctor saw Amy seemed very forced. It felt like they had a handful of moments they wanted in the episodes and then wrote the script to accomodate them. The Shhh thing seemed comedically formulaic as did the slapstick-fighting scenes both in the house with the cyber-crawler and in the ship with the overused "You have to fight it! You can do it! I know you can!" faux-failure then the baby crying giving renewed strength tripe. I did like seeing the old cybermen.

The episode with the ship-maze-Minotaur-god alien, on the other hand and for example, was loaded with good writing and solid characters from top to bottom and an excellent new take on the classic mythology. So, too, The Girl Who Waited was phenomenally written and acted from start to finish. The episode with the kid and the doll house in the cupboard was more in keeping with a filler episode that still manages to work despite being predictable on some levels. The kid and cupboard reminded me of Time Bandits. Anyway, the series still has lots to offer even after so many years of massaging the same old premise but this episode just didn't hold up as well for me. I'm glad some people liked it.

Plane Sailing

Well, I liked the finale. I like the way they handled everything. I liked the Chekovs gun. I like the final conclusion, and I even liked the question.

I'm a pretty happy bunny. Here's to shadows!

Plane Sailing

Well, I liked the finale. I like the way they handled everything. I liked the Chekovs gun. I like the final conclusion, and I even liked the question.

I'm a pretty happy bunny. Here's to shadows!

GreyLord

Legend
Which question?

You mean, who is Doctor Who?

If they stick to where they were going in the previous series and he is one of the Big 3 Timelord Dieties/Immortals/whatever you want to call them, then I think that would be answered to a degree.

I'm not certain why that shouldn't ever be answered however. It would explain how he had the power to lock them away...as well as why Rassilon could come up with a way for them to escape (only to be foiled by the Doctor).

I didn't quite like how it ended, a fixed point where he dies...well...not quite so fixed then since he didn't die...it was the robot ship instead. Is it really a fixed point then?

The next thing though is, Is Riversong really married to him now...or not? Did he go back and marry her afterwards? She didn't marry the Robot now, did she...or was that a proxy marriage?

Dausuul

Legend
I thought the lead-in to The Question was very clever. "The first question, the oldest question in the universe, hidden in plain sight, the question that must never be answered."
Because it is, after all, the oldest question in the show; hidden right in the title; asked before the first episode even aired and still not answered fifty years later. "Doctor--Who?"

Not that I think we're actually going to get an answer when the time comes. I certainly hope not! It would be a huge letdown.

I think next season may be Matt Smith's last, though. "The fall of the eleventh" almost has to mean the death of the Eleventh Doctor, and Moffat won't want to keep that hanging fire for too long. Wonder who they'll pick for number twelve?

Herschel

Adventurer
Weird episode, I thought we'd get more "old" cameos after Charlie but no. They cleaned the season up fairly well and there was more River. Matt Smith is signed through the 2013 season so he'll be back for a couple more, minimum.

Fast Learner

First Post
I didn't quite like how it ended, a fixed point where he dies...well...not quite so fixed then since he didn't die...it was the robot ship instead. Is it really a fixed point then?

If the fixed point actually is
everybody in the universe knows The Doctor died
then I think it still holds.

Remove ads