• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone play True 20?

Do you play True 20?

• Yes

Votes: 32 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 133 71.1%
  • Don’t wake me up with your silly questions!

Votes: 22 11.8%

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I bought the Blue Rose book and absolutely loved it. I look forward to DMing a game with these rules someday.

Of course, I said the same thing about Arcana Unearthed...

And of course I still have to play out a gestalt campaign...

*grumble*

:)

greymist

Lurker Extraordinaire
No. But I am hoping to get my hands on the rules and possibly convert my D&D campaign to True 20, if I like what I see.

Terwox

First Post
Yep, I've run True20 and I love it. It's a lot easier for new players, and I vastly prefer the damage track to the hp mechanic. Neat little magic system too. True20 is quickly moving to nudge out D&D as my favored game to GM, although I'm still happily playing D&D 3.5 too. (Although after reading the book, I'm more interested in playing the new Shadowrun, but that's another thread!)

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I own it and have read it, but the closest that I come to actually playing True 20 is M&M. Maybe I'll be able to give it a spin with a one shot game in the near future, but not at the moment.

It does look good, though.

Aus_Snow

First Post
I voted no, but I'm planning on picking it up some time.

I'd be very interested to read True20 'actual play' posts, or even accounts of pros and cons.

Nomad4life

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
I'd be very interested to read True20 'actual play' posts, or even accounts of pros and cons.

My short version:

PROS: Rules-light, fast, streamlined, and consistent. No more clunky hit-points, magic slots, or AoOs. Easy to port other D20 mechanics into as needed (or wanted.)

CONS: Some players don’t like the skill system setup. No official setting (yet.) Core rules still in need of minor editing in several places.

Additionally, I should mention that it is quite possible to kill just about anything (PC characters included) in one attack at any level. Not always likely… But possible. This makes combat far more potentially deadly than other D20 games. I love it, but others might not.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads