• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone play True 20?

Do you play True 20?

• Yes

Votes: 32 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 133 71.1%
  • Don’t wake me up with your silly questions!

Votes: 22 11.8%

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I don't think I'd switch wholesale, preferring more of an archetype system myself. However, I've mined True20 for ideas and have adapted their feat system for use in my own games.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
Is there an actual True20 book out yet, or is it still PDF. Greenronin.com is decidedly unfriendly/unintuitive when trying to figure that out.

TheGM

First Post
I just saw the Blue Rose book in my FLGS for the first time today, and didn't pick it up.

Honestly, I like C&C for rules light so much that I'm not shopping at this point, and with four HackMaster games, one C&C game, and pickup games of C&C, 3.5, and 1E, I really don't have time for a new system.

But I'm one of those "New toy? I should get that..." GMs, so I'll probably buy it eventually, even if I'm not likely to play it, I will get ideas out of it.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Doc_Klueless said:
Is there an actual True20 book out yet, or is it still PDF. Greenronin.com is decidedly unfriendly/unintuitive when trying to figure that out.

There was a limited print edition out at GenCon. A friend of mine picked that up for me. Otherwise, the only print edition thus far is Blue Rose.

My understanding is that True20 will be released in print again along with a setting to go with it.

drothgery

First Post
I'm going to buy the book when it hits print (and would have skipped Blue Rose if I'd known the standalone book was coming), but I'm not sure if I'll ever find someone to play it with.

Nikchick

Explorer
Dragonhelm said:
There was a limited print edition out at GenCon. A friend of mine picked that up for me. Otherwise, the only print edition thus far is Blue Rose.

My understanding is that True20 will be released in print again along with a setting to go with it.

Several publishers participated in our setting search, and the plan for the core book is to have four or five settings featured that show off the numerous ways the system can be adapted to different kinds of play. The winning publishers in the setting search can put out True20-branded support products for their settings.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads