• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone still play in Greyhawk?

grodog

Hero
Ivid the Undying

Davelozzi said:
I have no idea whether or not it's still available but if so I recommend it as a great sourcebook on the lands of the former Great Kingdom.

You can download Ivid from Canonfire! at http://www.canonfire.com/htmlnew/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=15

There's also an excellent fan-created .pdf available on William Allman's web site at http://www.io.com/~wmallman/ivid.html (this can also be found on The Acaeum's downloads page, see www.acaeum.com).

grodog

Hero
Atom Again said:
Holy frickin' crap! Grodog, that is an awesome link. I can't thank you enough for that tip. Man, Greyhawk is lookin' good!

Atom Again
[who just fought off the first attack of the Forgotten Realms hive mind]

LOL. Glad you like the site, Atom :D Drop on in for a visit at the Greyhawk forums on the WotC site, Canonfire!, and the Thursday night chats sometime: you'll find Greyhawk a living, vibrant setting still loved by many fans!

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Just saw the thread. I still run a Greyhawk campaign. It's my favorite setting, I guess it's because I first started playing here. As I have said before I'm a born and bred Greyhawker.

shilsen

Adventurer
I'm currently running a Greyhawk campaign set in Keoland. I used the first two Adventure Path modules (Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury) to start it off, and then went my own merry way, picking some names from the series and investing them with my own meanings.

The PCs were hired by a high priest of Pholtus to investigate problems in a small town (Sunless Citadel) and in the process of doing so they inadvertently freed a thousand year old vampire called Gulthias. They also discovered information about Gulthias's original master, a red dragon called Ashardalon, and the artifact he once used to aspire to deityhood (the Crown of the Gods). They continued to investigate the Crown and eventually discovered that their patron was after it for his own nefarious reasons. They barely escaped him with their lives and hid out for some time in the Good Hills, before heading down to the Dreadwood, where they believe the Crown is concealed. Only problem is that Gulthias got there some time ago and has amassed an undead army (and a few other surprises they haven't encountered yet), and there's a running war with the elves going on. Last session, the PCs helped elven defenders fight off an undead army attacking a town in the Dreadwood, only to discover a much larger force about to attack. Our session tomorrow should start with some of the party guarding the elven non-combatants who are fleeing, while others stay behind to buy them some time (backup PCs have been asked for already :D).

Essentially I'm using the setting but not worrying at all about canon, just adding and removing things as they suit my campaign.

Caspiar

First Post
Been Running in Greyhawk since 1979 (all three editions...or 3 1/2 editions)...
and still run once a week..... To me Greyhawk IS D&D.... I've added a lot over the years...and even extended the map with some home brew stuff...

but it still all begins with Greyhawk...... I play in several settings (Dragonlance, FR, Diamond Throne).....and i like them all.... but i have always DM'd in Greyhawk...it has given me a rich history (both in game and in print to draw fun), we are in our 3rd generation of heroes..... and do not plan on stopping....

.... May i also recommend the From the Ashes box set, and the Greyhawk City box set (it has one of the coolest city maps i've ever seen)... plus with Canonfire and the various Greyhawk webrings there is enough great material to keep your campaign thriving....

.....25 years and going strong.....

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Never have, never will, and probably never want to. Even if Orcus should be the rightful ruler of over half of it. :p

Hawkshere

First Post
I am currently running a mid-high level reworked version of the Slavers campaign. This is mostly set in the Pomarj and Wooly Bay, but has also seen side treks to the Bright Desert and Onwal. Guided by tips from Tenser's intel network, my group just defeated Capt. Girana (who failed his FORT save against flesh to stone :p) and captured his ship, the Ghoul.

They'll most likely be trying to sneak into Highport tomorrow... :D

Wombat

First Post
Not really a case of "still"

Never played in Greyhawk

or Forgotten Realms

or Planescape

or much of any other pre-formed worlds.

Not really to my tastes, I find.

Greyhawk_DM

First Post
I am a player in a Greyhawk Campaign that has lasted 20+ years....we still play 1st Edition... :D

I also DM a 3rd Edition Greyhawk game that uses the 3.0 version of the rules...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads