D&D 5E Does Rope Trick Heal?

Does Rope Trick Heal?

• Yes

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 90.0%

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I bet it did zero to settle your dispute, and appears to have started many new disputes. Does it still feel like this was the wisest route to take? I mean, if you think ability X serves a healing role, how is that meaningfully different than X is a healing ability, and why do you care about whatever that difference is in your mind enough to start an entire new thread to try and "settle" your disagreement to essentially "appeal to popularity"?

So your goal is now to find some fault with me instead of the person that instigated the dispute. Have at it.

FrogReaver

It takes two to instigate a dispute.

Saying wizards get everything except healing isn't the kind of comment that ought to start a dispute. Explicitly calling out a statement whose meaning everyone agrees with is what causes disputes, like this one we have had about rope trick.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Saying wizards get everything except healing isn't the kind of comment that ought to start a dispute. Explicitly calling out a statement whose meaning everyone agrees with is what causes disputes, like this one we have had about rope trick.

Saying wizards get spells that deal with healing isn't the kind of comment that ought to start a dispute. Explicitly refusing to look at a statement from the explained viewpoint which everyone agrees with is what causes disputes, like the one you dragged out about rope trick.

FrogReaver

Saying wizards get spells that deal with healing isn't the kind of comment that ought to start a dispute. Explicitly refusing to look at a statement from the explained viewpoint which everyone agrees with is what causes disputes, like the one you dragged out about rope trick.

I said wizards get everything but healing, you said that's not true. Why weren't you looking at my statement from my explained viewpoint?

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I said wizards get everything but healing, you said that's not true. Why weren't you looking at my statement from my explained viewpoint?
Well for one, you never explained your statement, just attacked mine repeatedly.

For two, all you said was that Wizards get everything but healing, which is false. They also get healing.
They don't get a lot of healing spells, but they get healing.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
You're free to rule that, but I can't see that as leading to a good play experience for the kinds of people I DM for. This argument just sounds like puritanical forumism to me though.

It's a moot point for me, really. The climb would break a short rest, but the intent of the spell is to allow a complete short rest inside, so I'm not going to gimp my players out of the rest.

Remove ads