D&D 5E Domain of Dread: Grognardia

for some reason, this is the map I have in my head when it comes to this.

Y4qRsKD.png

Will have to be tweaked of course, but want at least one apparatus of kwalish on the lake.

The cave is of course the dungeon where the big issues take place.

So how do you play up the trauma of dying, being resurrected, and dying again without being too groundhog day?

Also names for the Cleric, Fighter, Magic User, Thief? (they have to be human enough).

xp received should be part of the evaluation at the end the day and points are knocked off for TPK, death (everybody gets a ding, but the one who died gets the biggest ding), not completing the mission, and trust of anything (unless it's arbitrarily decided). Their evaluators are particularly miserly because progression goes too fast.

They get about an hour in the morning before they get put on a quest so they can scavenge the cabins for clues (to get out and on their tasks), make contact with other adventurers and to test how the mists surrounding the camp work and what might be used to get out.

Also if you find that special someone and get intimate, you get inspiration, but you also might attract something big and scarry at an inappropriate time (open to suggestions on this one). :D

There is also a treasure somewhere in the lake that is the memoirs and toys of the one group that successfully got out.

Last edited:

Eubani

Legend
As residents of Grognardia only look back and never forwards, a Thief's Backstab will only work from the front. Whilst talking about classes it would be remiss of me not to note just as the Paladin is the antithesis of the Realm of Horror, the Innovator is the antithesis of Grognardia.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases