• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Domhani Bairdéir 03

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A Break in the Toasting

Béar draws a disapproving glance from several of the Bairdéir present, as well as the Queen, for his outburst. After a moment of embarassed silence, Cairn holds up his glass: "Deasaigh," he declares boldly.

The list of names comes to an end, and the song commences.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the rush and not giving plenty of time to respond - I'm headed to the lake until sometime Sunday and won't be able to post, so I thought I'd get the singing done before I'm off.

Scott, the ceremony and song are from Against the Odds, which series really starts with the Herris Serrano trilogy, then continues into a trilogy about Esmay Suiza (the last of which is Against the Odds). They're Space Opera, and come highly recommended by me. That ceremony actually brought a tear to my eye as I read it.[/sblock]

I'll check back when I get home for a final list of those who sang. BTW, Bill, Béar singing the song would not technically be considered singing Deasaigh home (by him), as Béar did not toast him.

draven14

First Post
Cerallos

Cerallos doesn't sing along but instead closes his eyes, enjoying the sounds of everyone singing, almost in a meditative state.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A Toast at Airgead's

[sblock=For Béar, Cairn, Dílis, & Gavril]As you sing along with the rest of the gathered Bairdéir, you feel a sense of peace settle over you, as well as a sense of 'connectedness' with the others in the room. It would be very difficult to describe in words, should you be asked, but you definitely feel somehow different than before.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

[sblock=DM]In the wave of peace and connectedness that washes over Gavril a decision is made. He will allow the Queen to make her bond.[/sblock]

Gavril sighs heavily and then a smile rises at the corners of his mouth and he sings with greater energy despite the overuse his voice has suffered tonight.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Cairn enjoys this good feeling, this Feeling of Belonging, very much. So THIS is what he has been missing all of his life! Cairn fills his lungs to bursting, and sings out as strongly as he can, with a broad grin on his face, reveling in the feeling of Belonging.

Remove ads