Domhani Bairdéir 03

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Summary - Decompression Session

OK, the very short and sweet version:

The Criú completed the bonding ceremony with the queen, and were given the mission to investigate the strangeness in Clún. On the way, you were asked to help break up a barfight, which you did. A couple of lives were lost, the Criú fulfilled their Bairdéir duties effectively, and moved on. You came into Clún split into a covert group and an 'upfront' group. The 'upfront' group found a contact through a barmaid at the inn in which you stayed. The contact was a young officer in the 'palace' guard. Everyone went to meet the guard - again, some secretly and some openly. The guard informed you that he had information about an assassination plot against the Maor Clún, and that his information came from a clerk, but before he could give you a name he was shot in the chest from cover. You were attacked from surprise by a small group of Daoine deBith, who you dispatched with relative ease (one was actually dispatched by the hidden archer), but were unable to find the shooter. You did determine that the arrows are an exact match for those used by Deasaigh.

Finally, Cairn recognized the Daoine deBith as belonging to the court that are hunting him, though I can't remember if he decided to share this information with the group.

I cannot remember what you decided to do from there (or if you decided to do anything), so I'll leave it there. Next actions?

Last edited:

draven14

First Post
Cerallos

Cairn did share that info with us.
After Cairn slaughtered the fleeing foes, we returned to the bodies and decided to leave them. Cerallos was going to return to the church again and Cairn, Gavril, and Dillis were gonna return to the bar maid chicky and talk to her.
I think that's where we left it.
Although after thinking about it more, I think Cerallos will just go ahead and join them in talking with her since I didn't really find out anything going on in the temple.

Leif

Adventurer
draven14 said:
Cairn did share that info with us.
After Cairn slaughtered the fleeing foes, we returned to the bodies and decided to leave them.
OOC: "Slaughtered?" Hey, I showed remarkable restraint and used the flat of my axes against the second one! :p

OOC: I actually have no specific memory of sharing the info with the Criú, but I absolutely intend to do so as soon as possible. And I'll give them some background about my sister, Kate, and her involvement with the Daoine deBith. Those who want the full story are invited to check out Cairn's character sheet. Cairn has no secrets from the Criú. (Yet! :cool: )

mleibrock

First Post
Skath

Remember we cleaned out the dead including the leutenant. If the leutentant had anything we should give it the the bar maid. The other junk we should sell or destroy.

We we leave, Skath will head to the rooftops once more to see if he can gather any information - he moves around by flight and will relocate when he sees something interesting.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Cairn will spend an hour or so before we leave in prayer, asking for forgiveness for his killings and mercy for the souls of his victims. Then he'll put the edge back on his axes. (Hmm, looks like one of those guys had a rod down his spine -- nicked my axe fiercely!)

Scotley

Hero
Seeing nothing more to be done in the park Gavril returns to speak with the barmaid. He listens carefully to Cairn's tale about the Daoine deBith, but shakes his head. "Doesn't it seem a little too coincidental if they were after you that they'd take out our best chance at finding out what is going on first? I think this is beyond whatever blood feud you have with the court. I just hope we can get something from the girl."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Triumphant Return (to the Inn)

The Criú returns to the inn, but find that the barmaid is not on duty this evening.

OOC:

If memory serves, it should be approaching the middle of the night now (the meeting happened about '9:30,' then there was the fight, the flight/search for the assassin, and the search of the bodies, the praying/wailing/gnashing of teeth, etc. and the return to the inn.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"Yaaawwwwwnnn!!! Guys, I am beat! Time for Cairn to call it a night! Who's with me?"

ooc: I presume that I have a nice, toasty bed waiting for me somewhere?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Skáth's flyover is relatively fruitless, possibly due to the late hour. The Criú found a few silver pennies on the lieutenant's body to pass on to the barmaid.

Remove ads