Domhani Bairdéir 03

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

Gavril settles in for the night, his door carefully barred and his weapons close to hand. "Maybe we can sort this out in the morning."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Everyone passes an uneventful night, whether in the inn, sleeping 'neath an eave, or wherever else. The next morning dawns bright and warm, and the Criú comes down for breakfast.

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

Obviously Skáth is not at breakfast as he may draw unwanted looks and he does not want to loose his secrecy. He will tap on the window before everyone goes down to breakfast and ask everyone's plans for the day.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe -- Breakfast Conversation

Assuming that we are staying at the Bairdéir "way station" deal, instead of out in the general public, and that, therefore, we have a reasonable degree of privacy to talk about Bairdéir business over breakfast, Cairn says, "So what do you think our next move should be? As I see it we have a few choices: First, we can talk to the barmaid again and try to get lucky and pry some more information out of her (I don't like this option, personally). Second, we can go and see the Maor Clún and (a) see if he can give us some likely leads and (b) kinda shadow him and wait for the assassins to strike. (In my opinion, this would also just be asking for trouble.) Third, we can attempt to deduce the identity this "clerk" that our source was just about to name when he was so rudely interrupted. (Honestly, how many clerks can there be in Clún??) Those are the best three choices that occur to me off-hand, and they really only point to one reasonable course of action, I would say. I don't like having so few options, so I'm hoping that I have missed something crucial. Please, somebody knock me out with some great ideas!"

"Oh, and just incidentally, I agree with Gavril that the presence here of one of Daoine deBith from the house who are hunting me is probably coincindental. But let's not be blind to any clues we may find that indicate otherwise, okay?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

Chatting briefly at the window with Skathe Gavril says, "I'm going to see if the barmaid is working this morning and try to talk with her. Whatever the outcome of that, we will have to go to the palace. Maybe the clerk will come forward if we leave ourselves open to being contacted. I'd like to ask you to see if there are any other fae about the town. If you find some perhaps they will know of the Daoine deBith. I know you feed on emotion. How do these other fae feed? What sort of signs might we see that would indicate where they are in the city. Surely they must have some impact on the humans nearby. If we can figure out what it is then perhaps we can find their lair. I confess I know little more of fae than I have learned from my association with you, so maybe I'm on a snipe hunt here, but if there is a possibility that we might find them, we should follow it. I'll come back up after breakfast and tell you what the others have said." With that he adjusts his clothes one last time in the mirror and swaggers down to breakfast.

He greets Carin with, "Scheduled any executions yet for today judge?" He looks for the barmaid as he makes his way to the table. Over breakfast in lower tones he relates the ideas he shared with Skathe.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Scotley said:
Chatting briefly at the window with Skathe Gavril says, "I'm going to see if the barmaid is working this morning and try to talk with her. Whatever the outcome of that, we will have to go to the palace. Maybe the clerk will come forward if we leave ourselves open to being contacted. I'd like to ask you to see if there are any other fae about the town. If you find some perhaps they will know of the Daoine deBith. I know you feed on emotion. How do these other fae feed? What sort of signs might we see that would indicate where they are in the city. Surely they must have some impact on the humans nearby. If we can figure out what it is then perhaps we can find their lair. I confess I know little more of fae than I have learned from my association with you, so maybe I'm on a snipe hunt here, but if there is a possibility that we might find them, we should follow it. I'll come back up after breakfast and tell you what the others have said." With that he adjusts his clothes one last time in the mirror and swaggers down to breakfast.

He greets Carin with, "Scheduled any executions yet for today judge?" He looks for the barmaid as he makes his way to the table. Over breakfast in lower tones he relates the ideas he shared with Skathe.
Cairn replies, "I'll go with you to see the barmaid, Gavril. I think that we will have more success if we work more as a group as much as possible. Still, we may part ways after the meeting with the barmaid concludes, because I still tend to think that we need to go and see the Maor Clún, or is that what you meant by 'going to the palace'?" Cairn does not acknowledge Gavril's weak attempt at humor. He already feels terrible about what happened, and can't understand why his companions insist on pouring salt in the wound.

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
Cairn replies, "I'll go with you to see the barmaid, Gavril. I think that we will have more success if we work more as a group as much as possible. Still, we may part ways after the meeting with the barmaid concludes, because I still tend to think that we need to go and see the Maor Clún, or is that what you meant by 'going to the palace'?" Cairn does not acknowledge Gavril's weak attempt at humor. He already feels terrible about what happened, and can't understand why his companions insist on pouring salt in the wound.

Gavril confirms that he did mean the Maor Clún.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

When Gavril nods vigorously with his mouth full, Cairn says, "Excellent! Then as soon as we have finished eating, we'll be off to see the barmaid. Are all of the rest of you, save Skath of course, coming with us?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases