• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Domhani Bairdéir 03

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cyr

Yes, I am. And I promise no harm will come to you unless you attack first.

Cyr is looking in general direction of the voice focusing on any spiritual activity (since tree has no soul it won't interferre) up there. After spotting it he firmly focuses his gaze upon it and lowers his weapon (but not his guard).

Now come down so we can talk.

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

Skáth will move from the tree's leaves and branches but remain up high. He moves into the open air so that the moonlight may reveal his form. He will make sure his own ring is visible for the other to see as he moves out into the open.

"I am also Bairdeir."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Cyr and Amhrán meet Skáth

Cyr and Amhrán are confronted by a tiny humanoid form. He is very difficult to see in the darkness - his skin, hair, and clothing are all in shades of gray and black, and he is surrounded by a writhing, amorphous shadow.

Amhrán squeeks "Holy Gods - it's a Daoine deBith!" His scimitar leaps from its scabbard and he assumes a defensive posture.

[sblock=Cyr]No spirit is visible around the Daoine - theirs are not made of the same stuff as other sentient life (or unlife).[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

Mowgli said:
Cyr and Amhrán are confronted by a tiny humanoid form. He is very difficult to see in the darkness - his skin, hair, and clothing are all in shades of gray and black, and he is surrounded by a writhing, amorphous shadow.

Amhrán squeeks "Holy Gods - it's a Daoine deBith!" His scimitar leaps from its scabbard and he assumes a defensive posture.

[sblock=Cyr]No spirit is visible around the Daoine - theirs are not made of the same stuff as other sentient life (or unlife).[/sblock]

"Please put your weapon away... I am Daoine deBith but I am also Bairdeir and here on a mission from our queen. There are others here in town and if you are willing I'd like to take you to them. Please, why are you so frightened of me?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Amhrán

"Your kind steal our babies from our homes, terrorize our people, and refuse to submit to the rule of our Queen! You are monsters!"

Neurotic

Cyr

Cyr puts restraining hand on his friend.

Easy Amhrán, he can prove he is Bairdéir. The Queen wouldn't take one dangerous to her subjects. As with everything in this world, nothing is certain. This one may be different, in fact he is almost certainly different.

So, fae, prove you are a Bairdéir.

OOC: How does one prove the ring is his? Is there some sign or something?

[sblock=Spirit Sight]
I remember we discussed it and that it was different, but there was an enhancement for +1/2 that said affects deBith...I don't have Cyr open right now so cannot verify.
[/sblock]

After waiting for proof.

Excuse my friend, he's had some bad experiences with your kind. And besides, you are not very popular in human lands and not all are as accepting as our queen and her Bairdéir.

I am Cyr Escunar Torámh, this is Amhrán gan Toradh. And who might you be? I'm fairly sure I'd hear about deBith Bairdéir.

OOC: Cyr = Seer; Escunar = ESS-Kuhn-Arr TORR-huw
Amhrán = AMH-Rhan gan = ghan Toradh = Torr-aye

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

"I am Skáth. The only proof I have is my ring though I can tell you of the ceremony of being accepted into the Bairdeir if you like. You will have to believe my ring is as real as yours."

Once Skáth sees the weapons have been put away he will drop down closer but still out of reach.

"You will have to believe I am different as I have to believe you were just in escaping your prison. I think we may be here for the same reason and as I've said, I am part of a Críu here in Clún on our Queen's request. Let's join up with the rest of my group and exchange information."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Neurotic said:
OOC: How does one prove the ring is his? Is there some sign or something?

[sblock=Spirit Sight]
I remember we discussed it and that it was different, but there was an enhancement for +1/2 that said affects deBith...I don't have Cyr open right now so cannot verify.
[/sblock]

When actually wearing the rings, Bairdéir radiate a mild aura of mixed trustworthiness and serenity. This aura causes others to know that the wearer is Bairdéir. It is only in effect if a true Bairdéir is actually wearing the ring - nonBairdéir don't elicit the effect, and having the ring on the Bairdéir's person isn't enough, it much be worn and displayed.

[sblock=Cyr]You are correct - my mistake. I completely forgot about adding that advantage. Cyr can indeed perceive and affect Daoine spirits. For now at least he would also be able to tell if said spirit were Daoine rather than human, but I reserve the right to revoke this ability if it gets to be too advantageous for Cyr (he didn't pay points for this discriminatory ability, after all).

As to the rings - they actually have a spirit presence. It is very muted, and completely beyond Cyr's ability to understand or control, but it is there and so far has been a reliable indicator for Cyr that the rings are true symbols of Bairdéir.[/sblock]

Neurotic

Cyr

It's alright Amhrán, he's telling us the truth.

It is nice to meet you, Skáth. Did you just said 'here in Clún'!?
It seems we have a lot to talk about. Lead the way. And quickly, I doubt our escape will go unnoticed for long.

OOC: smaller letters represent stopping and lowering the voice as he processed information...

OOC2: Mike, we can keep track of abilities used and use points as they become available, there is no need to neatpick. And this is not really some big advantage, invisible would still be invisible because this is sight, right?

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

Skáth will lead them to the temple he hopes the party may be. As they walk, he explains how half the party is undercover and the other half is arranging to meet the Maor. He also explains the nature of the visit here, the uneasy feeling.

Remove ads