• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Domhani Bairdéir 03

Leif

Adventurer
ooc: uh oh, guys! Now we're going to have to defend ourselves against a jealous husband! (well, I will anyway, since I kinda put him up to it. So it's up to the rest of you to save the husband from me, I guess! :D )

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Breakfast in Clún

Gavril's really on his game this morning. In spite of the bustle of preparing for the day, he manages to capture Aislinn's (Ash-ling) undevided attention. She actually sits down at his table for a short conversation, during which he is able to sweet talk all of the information he needs out of her, including the location of the barmaid's (whose name I don't have handy right now) home - she lives in an apartment about two blocks north of the inn. Gavril is fairly certain Aislinn has no suspicions whatsoever about his true intentions. Eventually, she gets a sharp glance from her father as he passes through, and she hastens back to work.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Cairn says, "So now I guess we're off to have a word with the barmaid in an environment where she will hopefully be less guarded and willing to tell us more details (hopefully, clues) about the attacks. Should we go see the Maor Clún after that? And does anyone have any ideas about who the "clerk" could be whom our dearly departed source was just about to identify before he was so rudely and permanently interrupted?"

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

Feeling even more proud of himself than usual, Gavril nods, "Yes, let's go see the lady. After that we should check in with the Maor Clún and hope that the clerk makes contact with us. I for one have no other good avenue for finding him. However, I hope our diminutive friend can do something about finding the other fae, your friends Cairn. With luck we'll find our ex-friend the archer." Rising he adds, "Let me go up and inform Skathe of our plans and put on my hat and we can be off. Unless someone has another idea?" He looks expectantly at the others and if he gets no response proceeds as noted.

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

Scotley said:
Chatting briefly at the window with Skathe Gavril says, "I'm going to see if the barmaid is working this morning and try to talk with her. Whatever the outcome of that, we will have to go to the palace. Maybe the clerk will come forward if we leave ourselves open to being contacted. I'd like to ask you to see if there are any other fae about the town. If you find some perhaps they will know of the Daoine deBith. I know you feed on emotion. How do these other fae feed? What sort of signs might we see that would indicate where they are in the city. Surely they must have some impact on the humans nearby. If we can figure out what it is then perhaps we can find their lair. I confess I know little more of fae than I have learned from my association with you, so maybe I'm on a snipe hunt here, but if there is a possibility that we might find them, we should follow it. I'll come back up after breakfast and tell you what the others have said." With that he adjusts his clothes one last time in the mirror and swaggers down to breakfast.

He greets Carin with, "Scheduled any executions yet for today judge?" He looks for the barmaid as he makes his way to the table. Over breakfast in lower tones he relates the ideas he shared with Skathe.

OCC - Mike can you help me with some of these answers,

* would Skáth know if these other fae we met last night also feed on emotions?
* would I have any feelings of others nearby or see any signs that humans may not? Do I overhear any conversations about odd things happening that I might attribute ti them.
* did these fae we met seem similar to me or different and if different, how?

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Scotley said:
Feeling even more proud of himself than usual, Gavril nods, "Yes, let's go see the lady. After that we should check in with the Maor Clún and hope that the clerk makes contact with us. I for one have no other good avenue for finding him. However, I hope our diminutive friend can do something about finding the other fae, your friends Cairn. With luck we'll find our ex-friend the archer." Rising he adds, "Let me go up and inform Skathe of our plans and put on my hat and we can be off. Unless someone has another idea?" He looks expectantly at the others and if he gets no response proceeds as noted.
Cairn cringes inwardly at Gavril's characterization of his "friends", but he is careful to show no outward sign of distress.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=For Mike L]* Would Skáth know if these other fae we met last night also feed on emotions?
Without a specific skill or ability to do so, you'd have no way of knowing if these particular Daoine feed on emotion - while many of the Daoine do, it's by no means a universal trait.

* Would I have any feelings of others nearby or see any signs that humans may not? Do I overhear any conversations about odd things happening that I might attribute to them?
Because of their generally chaotic and mischevious nature, the presence of Daoine can sometimes be detected in an area by those who know the signs to look for. Here's where those Character Points you spend on Deduction pay off: Make a Deduction check for me, please.

* Did these fae we met seem similar to me or different and if different, how?
The Daoine are even more different from one another than are humans - their nature and biology are more chaotic. Due to your long familiarity with the Cúirts Daoine (the 'Courts' of the Daoine deBith), once Cairn shared his story with you and you knew the Cúirt that was hunting him you would also know the geographic area they are from and a bit about their reputation/politics, but probably not much about specific Daoine from that area unless they were high ranking 'nobility.'[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads