Domhani Bairdéir 04

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"You may be correct, Cyr, but it does, nevertheless, bother me greatly to remain passive while our enemies maneuver freely around us, seeking a weakness to exploit. I want a miscreant to hew with my axes! (In the most peaceable way possible, Dear Cyr! heh heh)"

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

OOC: [sblock=Mowgli]How does one knock somebody out in this game? Gavril would most likely bash the Maora behind the ear with a dagger hilt just before we enter the city to reduce the chances she might mentally force the Moar to some action we'd prefer to avoid.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"Gavril, maybe one of our more alchemically inclined Bairdeir Brethren can brew up a draught to be poured down Maora's throat that would render her suitably insensible, but do no real harm?"

ooc: sorry if I'm out of line with this post, Scotty, but I thought we might come at the problem from a slightly different way.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Scotley]To my knowledge the only way to knock them out is to actually do enough stun damage to reduce them to zero. However, HERO gives a lot of leeway to GMs in the name of artistry/drama and story, so my ruling is that a helpless victim can be rendered unconscious with a single blow to the appropriate part of the anatomy (if one knows where that is). In this case, whacking her behind the ear hole with a dagger hilt will likely do the trick. Leif's idea has merit as well, though poisoning a Daoine deBith might be more difficult than one would think.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Reading the Captives (and the Maor)

Gavril engages the Maor in conversation each day while on the road, attempting to subtly draw him out regarding all of the wierdness that's happened in the recent past. He finds the Maor adept at deflecting questions and giving vague answers - he doesn't really gain a lot of useful information but believes that he accomplished his true purpose - keeping the Maor's mind on certain topics as Skáth reads his emotions.

He is uncertain regarding his success with the Snake Woman (Maora?) as she does not respond to his questions in any visible way - she maintains a stony silence throughout the trip, avoids eye contact even when she's not hooded, etc.

[sblock=MikeL]What an excellent idea! Fabulously subtle use of that ability! Unfortunately, both of Skáth's EGO Combat Rolls both failed (close on the Maor, though), so you are unable to read either of the targets.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

During the journey, Cairn will try (repeatedly if necessary) to engage the serpent wench in conversation, trying to find out what, exactly, it is that she hopes to accomplish. "Lovely weather we're having, wouldn't you say? For this time of year and this latitude anyway. What's it like in your home at this season?" And similar inane drivel. He's not expecting a great deal of success, but he feels like he should at least be trying to do something constructive, or at least give the appearance of it.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Maora Clún (?)

OOC: Sorry Leif - got busy before I responded to this one and forgot about it.

IC: Cairn meets with the same success as Gavril and Skáth - the creature stubbornly refuses to talk.

Remove ads