Domhani Bairdéir 04

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cyr Escunar

That's the plan. We start as soon as possible.

Don't forget the divination if/when there is time. Cyr will rest and heal as time allows, this is more important...

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Since the Criu appears to be in total agreement, Cairn will begin making preparations for the journey to Tearmann. Once everything is prepared, we will set off on the excursion with the prisoners under heavy guard, with itchy sword-hands, and fully prepared to brook no nonsense nor insolence from the prisoners, whose lives dangle by the thread of our tenuous happiness.

[sblock=Cyr]Don't worry, just trying to maintain the proper "fear level" with the prisoners. Cairn has no violent intentions, but he doesn't want THEM to know that.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Departures

Béar says his tearful goodbyes to the Críu . . . not really - he remains as stoic as ever and heads off to the NorthWest without a backward glance.

The rest of the Críu secure the prisoners for travel, pack up the camp and depart to the SouthEast. The journey back to Clún proves uneventful - the precautions taken against use of mystical powers by the prisoners prove effective. The snake woman is silent throughout - refusing even to acknowledge questions - and the other prisoners follow her lead.

[sblock=Cyr]Your divination reveals that the snake lady has indeed been posing as the Maora Clún - you see her transformation into 'true form' just prior to the attack on the Críu quite clearly. However, you are unable to determine for how long the masquerade has been going on - the change could have happened after the Queen united the land or it could have taken place before the Maor married her. You get no new information regarding the wedding band.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"Has anyone given much thought to how our approach to Maor Clun should be handled? The poor man! Talk about your 'morning after' regrets!"

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

"We should be on the careful lookout for the remaining escaped fey. I must say that I do not entirely trust the Maor and I am nervous about allowing him to get with his people. How can we effectively prevent him from calling out his guards on us once he returns to his home?"

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Cairn says, "Well, no one now knows, except for the escaped Fey, whether we survived this battle, or not. We can 'allow' it to be leaked out that we met our demise here. Perhaps our friend Dilis could give herself a more disheveled appearance and then go to the nearest settlement and report such an event. If Maor thinks we are dead, then he will not be looking for us. And, if the escaped Fey is Maor, he will still not be able to look for us openly if it is widely believed that we are dead."

mleibrock

First Post
Cairn says, "Well, no one now knows, except for the escaped Fey, whether we survived this battle, or not. We can 'allow' it to be leaked out that we met our demise here. Perhaps our friend Dilis could give herself a more disheveled appearance and then go to the nearest settlement and report such an event. If Maor thinks we are dead, then he will not be looking for us. And, if the escaped Fey is Maor, he will still not be able to look for us openly if it is widely believed that we are dead."

OOC - I am confused, it's the Maor conscious and with us?

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Mikey -- As I understood Scotley's post, Gavril fears that perhaps Maor Clun is also a Fey, or has been replaced by a Fey. I also read his post to mean that he fears that Maor Clun was possibly, in fact, the very Fey creature who attacked us this night and just escaped, and that he now fears that he will make some move against us possibly more openly. My post was one idea for a way we might take steps to prevent that. Clear as mud?

Scotley, if I have any/all of this wrong, please, please tell me what is wrong and please, please tell me the correct information that I should replace the garbage in my brain with?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I believe the Maor was conscious and that we questioned him as to his desires. He asked to stop by Clun on the way back to Tearman to see the queen. Even if he isn't fey, I fear he does not have the best interests of our queen in mind. That is why I am wary. He could also still fall under the influence of the missing fey.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Críu and their prisoners pass unhindered back to Clún. The prisoners give no trouble other than slowing the party due to their inability to travel quickly (injury and restraints). They are sullen and refuse to speak at all.

OOC: You are now close to the capitol city of Clún. Time for some decisions about how to handle the Maor.

Remove ads