• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Domhani Bairdéir 04

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cyr Escunar

We still didn't hear from Maor. What are his wishes?

I think we should make our way toward Clún and then depending on circumstances we go to The Queen or send someone to report.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Maor Clún

The Maor wishes to return to Clún, of course. There are probably enough supplies to see you safely to Tearmann if you ration a little, but you could also resupply at Clún.

Dílis suggests that the eyes of the Maora be bound and that she be gagged as well, to do as much as possible to prevent further use of magic.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cyr Escunar

As you wish, Maor Clún.

May I suggest that we send a runner to inform Maor Radharc of our delay. And maybe to continue immediately for Tearmann. Maybe Bear would be willing to represent You in this capacity and continue toward Tearmann to see Queent Mathair.

Turning to Bear.

I nominate you because you are most able to travel alone and can take care of yourself in case of trouble en route. You, of course, are free to say no to any afore mentioned suggestions.

[sblock=Mowgli]
I figure this is as good time as any to remove Bear from the party.

Could Cyr focus long enough so he can maintain haste spirit for some meaningful time to enhance our horses speed? So we can get back faster and still ride easily...
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

To the Maor, "Why do you want to return, once word of this gets out, you will much more susceptible to another attack, would it not be better to continue on as if nothing has happened until we get a better handle on it all?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Mowgli]Could Cyr focus long enough so he can maintain haste spirit for some meaningful time to enhance our horses speed? So we can get back faster and still ride easily...[/sblock]

[sblock=Cyr]The problems wouldn't be with his ability to concentrate, but there are two:

1. This power uses 5 endurance/phase, which can't be recovered while he's using the power - he'd find himself near passed out in exhaustion after about 3½ minutes. It was designed to provide escape or tactical maneuvering rather than long term travel benefits.

2. The quality of the travel would not be any easier than if the horses could naturally travel at that speed - this power doesn't provide enhancement to comfort/maneuverability/etc., only to speed. It won't change terrain or make it any easier to navigate.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Maor Clún/Béar

Maor Clún:
"I would prefer to recover from my wounds in the comfort of my own home. In addition to this, it appears that my household has been infiltrated by those who wish me and mine ill. I wish to return and investigate this matter."

Béar:
"I will make the run to Radharc to inform the Maor there that Maor Clún will not be coming - if that remains his wish. Radharc is in the opposite direction from Tearmann from here. With your party being slowed by the wounded, it is likely that I will be able to complete my errand and catch up with you before you reach Tearmann."

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Cairn remains silent during this conversation, leaving the planning to those best suited to it.

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

"With all due respect Maor, I believe that the Queen will wish to discuss this matter with you in person. More importantly, I believe she will want to question the prisoners directly and as they are likely the subject of your own investigation it makes sense that you should accompany them."

Remove ads