• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Domhani Bairdéir 04

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"The assumption that the Maor is innocent of wrongdoing may be a faulty one. It is true he was coerced and injured, but that doesn't prove his innocence. I believe that given the importance of the principals involved, the Queen should decide the guilt or innocence of those involved and should directly mete out consequences. My vote is to take the whole lot of them to the Queen - though we could probably try and sentence the Púca and the female Daoine ourselves."
"Actually, I have been giving some thought to how we can effect a trial of these ALLEGED miscreants. My thoughts are running in this way: I shall assume the bench, so two other Bairdeir will necessarily need to assume the roles of Prosecutor and Defense Counsel. My thought was to have you, Béar, assume the Prosecutorial duties. [OOC: since he is being npc'd currently, Mowgli, perhaps you could select a player to speak for him? - just a thought] And I can think of none better than the silver-tongued Gavril to assume the duties of Defense Counsel!" ;)

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Do be careful, I've no doubt that Gavril will have the whole matter dismissed in short order and indeed we might end up paying restitution for wrongful prosecution if he really gets fired up. Perhaps this is a matter best passed on to the queen. These prisoners are of a different order than those we normally handle as Bairdeir if I understand things correctly.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

OOC: You do Cairn an injustice! Don't you think that he can control his courtroom? Now, he might just have to hold Gavril in contempt, if he gets too unruly, and give him a day or two in jail to consider his trial strategy....

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
What to do, what to do?

OOC:

If you guys want to hold a trial for some or all of the miscreants here before returning to Tearmann, Béar will agree to serve as prosecutor - it suits his temperament. MikeL can take Béar's part (if he doesn't mind). The whole trial by jury of peers doesn't really apply - cases are presented to the presiding judge who is responsible for deciding innocence/guilt and assigning equitable consequences where appropriate.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

OOC: Cairn is all for it, but the opinions of the other Bairdéir will carry the day. I don't want to get the game bogged down in something that no one else will find interesting at all. We can just as easily turn them over to other authorities, and Cairn will recuse himself as being too intimately involved in these events to be able to rule impartially. In fact, that might be better, in a way, because we could all conceivably be called as witnesses for the prosecution. Nevertheless, Cairn is more than willing to dispense a bit of "frontier justice," if all pcs agree that it should be done that way.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cyr Escunar Torramh

OOC:
Cyr is hard-core pacifist and he would argue against death sentence vehemently (and thus would bog us down into philosophical discussion). I'd rather we turn them to other authorities.

He would however bow to majority eventualy, after bitter battle for captives lives :)

Did snake thing turn to Maora (or is she recognizable as such once we could observe her in peace)?

Is Maor concious? If not, how soon can we travel? Based on assumption of two healers...

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC:

The Maor is conscious and able to travel - at a relaxed pace - the next morning. The snake lady has not shifted shape to the Maora's beautiful form.

[sblock=Skáth & Cairn]If the snake thing is the Maora, it is likely that she is now in her true form, and was using her Daoine abilities to appear in the Maora's form previously.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

Skáth will tell the party, "I am not really comfortable serving as a lawyer nor am I comfortable judging these miscreants. I am afraid, my friends, we may not know all that is going on here. I would prefer to take them to our queen let her do with them as she would. On the other hand, I am not opposed to keeping them in line should they misbehave or is you (looking at Cairn) think you see them misbehaving!"

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"Yes, Cyr, the snake-creature did have the form of the Maora. The question now is this: How long has the demon been posing as Maora? Was this some new ruse by the demon, or has the impostor been posing as Maora for some unknown length of time now? I suppose that the best course of action would be for us to bring the daoine straight to the presence and judgment of Our Queen. I do not relish the long, difficult journey with the captives, however. Of course, it is still possible that we may discover that this demon has worked much more mischief than we are now aware."

[SBLOCK= OOC]I apologize for my previous brain-cramp regarding this post. Hopefully, it makes more sense now. Or, then again, maybe no so dang much. :([/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads