Domhani Bairdéir 04

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Maor Clún

[sblock=Gavril]You see a very brief look of consternation cross the Maor's face as you mention him being questioned by the Queen - it's gone almost before you notice it.[/sblock]

"Well, if you think it best I'll accompany you to Tearmann. I do seem to remember that Queen Máthair takes a personal interest in the goings on in her kingdom. Surely you won't begrudge me the chance to stop in at the house and check on my people?"

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

Cairn pulls Gavril aside and whispers to him, "Tell him that we insist upon having a Bairdeir with him at all times while he says his goodbyes. I have a bad feeling about letting him be alone."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cyr Escunar

I apologize for my misplaced curiosity, Maor, but could You tell me of Your marriage ceremony? While healing you, I couldn't but notice you wear symbol of true marriage.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Maor Clún

The Maor gives Cyr a puzzled look, but tells of his marriage to his childhood sweetheart. Both were from 'noble' families (such as there were in the time before Máthair united the country). Their parents arranged the marraige when they were children but neither of them knew this until the Maor announced their engagement. Their families had encouraged them subtly throughout their lives to foster friendship in hopes that the 'necessary' marriage would also be one of love. They have been married for 15 years, have 2 children - a boy and a girl - and in spite of the usual rocky times occurring in every relationship they remain very much in love.

[sblock=Cyr]Cyr believes that the Maors tale is truthful.[/sblock]

[sblock=Skáth]The Maor's surface emotional state is congruent with the story he tells.[/sblock]

Neurotic

Cyr Escunar

[sblock=Mowgli]
Is there a way for Cyr to 'see' that snake thing and Maora are the same and that ring is not bound to this version of Maora?

I'm fairly sure that is, Cyr is sure that Maora is replaced, the ring protects the Maor somewhat from her (on some level). As we remain until the morning, Cyr will attempt his divination focusing on Maora and using the ring as focus.

When you OK it, I'll describe the ritual.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Cyr]Skáth and Cairn have pretty much concluded from their knowledge of the Daoine that the snake thing is the true form of the person you knew as the Maora.

It's already morning - Cyr spent the night in healing rituals. But even if he hadn't, he has no ability that would allow him to determine if spirits are bound together, or bound to items, or anything else. He can determine the state of rest/unrest of a spirit, and detect truth w/ a perception roll. (The knowledge that the ring signified a 'True Marriage' was a bonus from your friendly GM ;))[/sblock]

Neurotic

Cyr the diviner

[sblock=Mowgli]
You misunderstand. Cyr has ability to perform divinations. He will ask in the spirit world for Maora's fate. Ring focus is only something that would seem natural to help with such question.

Still it is vague and indistinct just as was first divination, but now we know little bit more (Maora is snake thing) - maybe vision gets clearer or maybe he gets sense of urgency in the fight so we adjust our course...

And I like using his abilities :)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Cyr]I'll see what I can cook up for an answer, but it'll still be tomorrow - Cyr spent all his time healing this night. Which also means, by the way, that his own wounds haven't healed yet. He requires complete rest for his regeneration to work. If you wish you can go ahead and make your EGO roll (at -3 for the power level) to contact the spirit world.[/sblock]

OOC:

OK, the plan has been floated that Cyr, Cairn, Dílis, Gavril and Skáth will take the prisoners back to Tearmann (by way of Clún) while Béar heads on to Radharc to let them know the Maor Clún has been delayed and will reschedule. Béar will then catch up with the Críu as best he can. Is this your final answer? When will you start? Any actions along the way? Anything else I may be missing?

Remove ads