• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dominion

Badwe

First Post
We just got dominion this weekend and it was a blast. On sunday we finally printed out the insert and that definitely helped cleanup.

An immediate extension of the above poster's suggestion for an individual card type for each player would be left and right individual cards: put a card pile between each player and 8 in the middle. let players buy from the piles to their left and right, but not across from them. obviously everyone has access to the middle. In this way, all players still have access to 10 card types, and each player doesn't have sole control of a stack.

Still, I'll need to spend some time with all of the different card types, playing the regular rules, first. Also for those unhappy with interactivity: you need to pick the cards that cause interaction (moats/witches/etc.)

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Not a good hand in Dominion:
attachment.php

(played on brettspielwelt.de)

Well, let's put it this way: you only loose one turn! :p

Wraith101

First Post
This is certainly on my list to buy, unfortunately Milsims has been sold out on the last three occasions I was there. Luckily I can console myself with Talisman that I picked up on sale for AU$25 (not the latest edition but who cares).

Note to aussies who didn't make it into the sale: they say the remains of the store sale will be put on sale online, there was a lot of stock left when I left the store. I expect there will be a good amount of board games on sale!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
This is certainly on my list to buy, unfortunately Milsims has been sold out on the last three occasions I was there. Luckily I can console myself with Talisman that I picked up on sale for AU$25 (not the latest edition but who cares).

Note to aussies who didn't make it into the sale: they say the remains of the store sale will be put on sale online, there was a lot of stock left when I left the store. I expect there will be a good amount of board games on sale!

That's interesting; I'll be ordering from MilSims before the end of the week. I hope there's something I'm interested in online by then! :)

Cheers!

Pierson_Lowgal

First Post
I wasn't impressed by Dominion. The whole game is card-building, but the way hands are generated you don't have enough control of each 'hand'. It's probably a better game for people who prefer the less intense Euro Games.

Wraith101

First Post
I wasn't impressed by Dominion. The whole game is card-building, but the way hands are generated you don't have enough control of each 'hand'. It's probably a better game for people who prefer the less intense Euro Games.

This is why it was recommended to me, my favourite games are Carcassonne, Settlers and Ticket to Ride (although I do enjoy most other good eurogames, these are my favourites).

Would everyone agree that this is a good recommendation?

Cadfan

First Post
I think Dominion is an amazing game. Its a card game, so yes, there's a random factor. But you already like a tile drawing game, a dice game, and a card drawing game, so you shouldn't mind.

And in any case, the random factor isn't that big. The better players consistently win. It is, after all, fundamentally a game about managing the randomness to make sure that it consistently benefits you and not your opponents.

bobthehappyzombie

First Post
This is why it was recommended to me, my favourite games are Carcassonne, Settlers and Ticket to Ride (although I do enjoy most other good eurogames, these are my favourites).

Would everyone agree that this is a good recommendation?

Yes very much a good recommendation, as long as you don't mid shuffling cards Dominion is right up your street.

Remove ads