• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dominion

Asmor

First Post
I got to play a game of Dominion against my ever-understanding fiancée. Finaly score was 36 to 41, I won.

She didn't like the game, but she picked it up very quickly. I was quite impressed by that.

I love it. Can't wait to try it in a 4-player game.

Anyone else played it?

Rhelik

Explorer
Yeah I've played the game about 10 times now. No game has gone the same and I've done a number of different approaches (ramp up gold first, go for quick actions, gardens with tons of cards). My crew can get very fast. Its usually no longer than a minute or two at most between turns.

The game has been worth every cent paid for it. I hope they come up with an expansion to take it to 6 players, though i might just buy a second copy to work up adding at least 2 more players.

This is easily one of the best games I've purchased in years. Good rules, easy to learn, fast game play. We never play just one, usually 2-3 games at least.

-Rhelik

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
It's on the list of games I want to buy. Hasn't been released here yet, though.

OTOH, I've got a copy of Through the Ages arriving soon. :)

Cheers!

Asmor

First Post
It was a big hit at game club... Everyone that played it played it until they left.

It's going to be hard to convince enough people to play Stone Age with me next week... Maybe I'll "accidentally" leave Dominion at home. :D

My friend says you can learn the rules by simply looking at the manual. It's true.

However, the game is good. Every game can be different and it's hard to figure out the best route to go.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Dominion is a real hit; and it plays with two players as well as with four. I don't know about the Rio Grande version, but Hans im Glück's game leaves me wishing for more durable cards. I suspect that the copy my wife wishes for christmas will not be the only one we buy.

On the other hand I think I'll return to San Juan in a few weeks time. In Dominion you are exclusively concerned with yourself; interactivity is not it's forte.

Cadfan

First Post
I played Dominion for the first time tonight.

One of the things I noticed- you can customize by giving people characters to play. Just give everyone a card type that they uniquely can buy, and toss one of that card into their hand at the start of the game.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Not a good hand in Dominion:
attachment.php

(played on brettspielwelt.de)

Cheers!

Attachments

• curses.jpg
    curses.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 789

Voidrunner's Codex