• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doom of Listenshire, tell me about it!

Thomas Percy said:
Thanks, but I've bought PDF at Drivethrough already.

Fair enough. :)

I look forward to hearing what people think, if you folks don't mind sharing your impressions once you've read/played the module.

DestroyYouAlot

First Post
Hmmph - just saw this one used the other day, now I might have to pick it up. (Sorry, Mousefer, maybe you can tell your boss that you have it on good authority that someone bought one copy twice. ;) )

I bought Doom from DriveThruRPG on GM's Day in March this year, solely on the fact that Ari had written it. There was a thread that Ari started around that time about the lack of attention that it had received that first brought it to my notice. I haven't been able to use it in the campaign that I'm currently running but I definitely hope to in the next one.

Olaf the Stout

Last edited:

Olaf the Stout said:
There was a thread that Ari started around that time about the lack of attention that it had received that first brought it to my notice.

It wasn't just mine, I fear. Kenzer really didn't do much in the way of advertising or hyping their partnership with Necromancer, or the fact that the modules were released when they were. Combine that with the fact that the first batch of Necromancer modules published via Kenzer's printer were mistakenly printed on very poor quality paper stock, and the result is that a bunch of modules--mine included, but hardly unique to mine--got lost in the shuffle. :\

Thomas Percy

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
if you folks don't mind sharing your impressions once you've read/played the module.
I've read introduction and chapter I from PDF, and I decided I'll print and run this adventure.
It's easy to criticize a games which I don't like, and it's hard to share the impressions about the game I like, and I like this one.
One of my way of judging is to compare: how the designer done it and how I do the same things at my sessions. More similiar = the better for me. The designer of "Doom of Listonshire" wrote and named a lot of things in a different manner than I do it, but - strangely - I like the way he done it. I find it the different manner, not the worse (for me).
I'll write more in this thread, when I read all.

Olaf the Stout said:
I bought Doom from DriveThruRPG solely on the fact that Ari had written it.
Me too :). I like the theme of this adventure too. I'm waiting for Citysystem (or similiar named book) from WotC next month because of the same reasons.

Last edited:

Mouseferatu said:
It wasn't just mine, I fear. Kenzer really didn't do much in the way of advertising or hyping their partnership with Necromancer, or the fact that the modules were released when they were. Combine that with the fact that the first batch of Necromancer modules published via Kenzer's printer were mistakenly printed on very poor quality paper stock, and the result is that a bunch of modules--mine included, but hardly unique to mine--got lost in the shuffle. :\

Do you have any idea of how well Doom (or A Family Affair and The Diamond Fortress for that matter) sold in comparison to other Necromancer or Kenzer adventures?

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads