• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dorkiest Thing You've Ever Done in Gaming...

Dlsharrock

First Post
That was you? Wow, that story nearly made me wet my own self when I heard it. That's not just one of those pretend stories huh?

Asmor

First Post
That was you? Wow, that story nearly made me wet my own self when I heard it. That's not just one of those pretend stories huh?

If you think that's dorky, you'd be amazed what you can find looking through the dictionary. For example, did you know that there's no definition for the word "gullible?"

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
OK...

I ran a homebrew campaign in which all of the NPC races had accents...

The Anthropomorphic Porcupine/Hedgehog/Badgers all talked like Monty Python Fraaaaaaaanch K-Niggits. That was bad enough.

Worse still...the druid's Awakened Plains Lizard (homebrewed reptilian cheetas with monitor lizard poisonous saliva) animal companion spoke like Elvis.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
I once calculated the statistical mean for exploding dice (i.e., whenever you roll the maximum result, you roll again and add six to the result), since I played Earthdawn at the time. I think I got a result for 4.2 for d6s, but I forgot the other results - as well as the mathematical derivation.

pogminky

First Post
Anyone have a village threatened by the mad wizard Prang and his overgrown watermelon? Chocolate gold pieces? Played the characters from D&D: The Movie? Had Venger be the BBEG? Had Jedis within a Tolkienesque world? Played a young wizard with an odd scar called Harry? Played a halfling with a Devonshire accent who wore a waistcoat?

Nah, me neither.

PS: I have also never statted out SpongeBob SquarePants and Dale Winton to see who would win in an arena duel.

Last edited:

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
I remember another story:

In my last 3.5 Forgotten Realms campaign, I needed some kind of enemy that would threaten the PCs without overwhelming them. I came up with...

<drumroll>

The Alchemical Killer Zombie Chicken(TM)!

</drumroll>

But I promise it all made sense at the time. And it was pretty funny to see the druid critically pecked for 2 damage... :D

Remove ads