• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Alpha Group

kinem

Adventurer
Tristan keeps an eye on the doors for a moment, making sure he can see them both clearly from where the hired guards are. After making sure the guards will remain there during the meal, he will patrol the house a bit, searching as he goes. If the guards seem liable to eat with the others, he will instead guard their spot.

Leif

Adventurer
Jerrigan Arbordelve

"Tristan, I don't feel right about you moving about the house alone. Let's all try to remain in the company of at least one other of us, except for brief trips to the privy, Maya. Shall I come with you, Tristan, or do you prefer someone else's company?" ;)

Walking Dad

First Post
Bael

Already on the way out the dining room, Bael stops and asks: "Ok, who comes with me?"

[sblock=OOC]
Barnsworth is also a halfling, isn't he?

Perception +5
Disable Device +8
For searching for traps and unlocking doors.

Bael
AC 16 (T13, FF13), HP 25/25, F +2,R+5,W+0
Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5.
Darkness 1/day, Sneak 1d6
Rapier +2 . 1d6+2 . 19-20/X2
Shortbow +3 . 1d6 . 20/X3

Stealth +8 (including ACP)
Perception + 4
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: If Jerrigan and Maya leave now, they'll be walking out in the middle of dinner. You can do this, but it might annoy Lady D. (which you may not mind....)

Shayuri

First Post
Maya looks up from where she's already started eating, then waves the others to sit down.

"Sit. Eat. No good thinking ever came from an empty stomach. We're in the room with her...she should be all right."

Leif

Adventurer
Jerrigan Arbordelve

Jerrigan starts to rise at the insistence of Tristan and Bael. But, then, at Maya's words, he shrugs and sinks back into his seat. "There is no need to be rude, gents. Sit! Eat! It will do you good." And, he whispers, Besides, we may actually learn more useful information."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Bael

Bael looks at Tristan and then nods toward the kitchen. Both were not eating or sitting.

[sblock=OOC]

Perception +5
Disable Device +8
For searching for traps and unlocking doors.

Bael
AC 16 (T13, FF13), HP 25/25, F +2,R+5,W+0
Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5.
Darkness 1/day, Sneak 1d6
Rapier +2 . 1d6+2 . 19-20/X2
Shortbow +3 . 1d6 . 20/X3

Stealth +8 (including ACP)
Perception + 4
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Really, all this wandering about, standing up, sitting down. It is quite bad for one's digestion!" says Lady Dromdal huffily.

"Your savage is right," says Jeggare. "You should eat, but far be it from me to tell you your business."

"Perhaps we could all go and look for the Slicer after dinner!" says Ned excitedly.

"Be quiet Ned!"

"Yes Auntie."

"I think we've heard quite enough of this Slicer for one evening," says Lady Dromdal briskly. "If you're guarding, guard. If you're eating, eat." She smooths her skirts and resettles the little lap-dog, Sachi. "Now, What do you think of this trade embargo?"

[sblock=In the Kitchen]
Bael enters the kitchen where Barnsworth, the ancient halfling retainer, is engaged in cooking some kind of elaborate dish involving lots of decorative garnish. He barely looks up at Bael, intent instead on slicing carrots with a large sharp knife.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Not sure if Tristan is sticking to his original plan or going with Bael. If the latter, read the above block, otherwise I'll add a post for him.
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Tristan follows Bael into the kitchen, wondering what his friend had in mind. It was disconcerting to see a knife-wielding halfling, but surely the old servant is no killer.

Remove ads