Draconic Spellcaster: Seriously?!

Byronic

First Post
No it wouldn't, because there'd be absolutely no reason to take Draconic Spellcaster then.

Or any need for it either, which suits me quite well. Less Feat bloat meaning players can take something interesting rather then something necessary but boring.

Runestar

First Post
Draconic Spellcaster provides a feat bonus to attack. This would be fixed if they'd just errata Implement Expertise to also be a feat bonus.

They even issued errata about the expertise feats already to prevent them from stacking with themselves -- I don't see why they didn't just make them feat bonuses. Are there other feat bonuses to attack that they want expertise to stack with?

Wasn't expertise supposed to be some sort of math patch? It doesn't make sense that it should not stack with other sources.:erm:

Dice4Hire

First Post
You know what I am getting tired of? Cold magic, cold paragon paths, cold feats, cold weapons, cold epic destinies, etc. Somebody at WotC in design is freakin obsessed with cold.

Every dragonborn sorcerer will be a cold sorcerer with the cold sorcerer paragon path, all the cold feats, a cold dagger, cold breath, arcane admixture (cold) on their at-wills, and draconic spellcaster (cold of course).

I think I am ready for a different emphasis.:)

Then do one. Most elements (but not all) have some nice add-on feats. I think cold starts out pretty weak, as there are no really good cold at-wills, at least till you hit paragon.

Molehill alert

Obryn

Hero
No, you see - this is clearly a feat for the people who banned Expertise on account of being powerful but boring. This is the same mathematical adjustment, doesn't stack with other feat bonuses, and serves to reinforce a character shtick rather than being depressingly generic.
...and for the large number of groups which haven't banned Expertise? Or who have worked it into the default math?

-O

Yeah, really not cool. Hellfire Blood is an awesome feat, this stomps all over it. Ditto for the gnome illusionist one.

If the Expertise feats were "math fix" then what are these, "math shatter"?
Math Shatter
All Utility 1
Daily
Personal
Immediate Reaction
Trigger: A new splatbook comes out
Effect: Select one of attack rolls, defenses, saving throws, or skill checks. Roll 1d4 and sacrifice that many feats, then roll 1d6 and add that amount to all future checks of that type.
Special: You may pay 1R as you play this spell. If you do, the power is not expended.

chaotix42

First Post
A quick trip over to WotC's CharOp forum brings up the Rod of the Dragonborn from AV that converts any damage you do through it into the damage type of your breath weapon.

:eek:

Obryn

Hero
A quick trip over to WotC's CharOp forum brings up the Rod of the Dragonborn from AV that converts any damage you do through it into the damage type of your breath weapon.

:eek:
Yeah, it's just not a good feat, IMHO... I think it'd be a perfectly good feat if it were an untyped damage bonus...

Ah well. If I only need to bring out the figurative big red marker on one thing in the whole book, I think I'm doing okay.

-O

Samurai

Adventurer
Too bad I'm the one dragonborn warlock on earth that chose acid breath...

I very nearly went with Acid myself for my Dragonborn Sorcerer, but chose Fire instead, figuring there are lots of times fire resistance and the ability to bypass fire resistance will be useful...

Remove ads