Dragon 402 & Dungeon 193 ToC Are Up

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
While I am usually one for supporting under-served options, in this case, I have to agree with the decision to make the first options of type available to iconic races. Because they're iconic.

Now hopefully, the options they do provide will hit the sweet spot as far as balance is concerned - not so weak that they'll never be chosen (why waste resources to make options that nobody will pick?) but not so strong that they become "auto-pick" options or "gold" via the CharOp rating system (the game seriously does not need more fodder for optimization). That way, when they release other options for underserved races, they can help make up for the shortfall of support for those races by making their racial swaps just a little bit better.

Mengu

First Post
More like support the popular, and ignore the unpopular. I don't think people play dwarves over minotaurs because of mechanical advantage, other than a small subset of players, they play dwarves over minotaurs because dwarves are dwarves and minotaurs are monsters. :p

Depends on your demographic. Around here, people play dwarves because they kick ass. And people don't play minotaurs because a. they suck unless you are a fighter; b. you have to contend with the udder jokes, no thank you.

I don't particularly want to see a flood of people suddenly playing Shardminds and Wilden for their mechanical superiority due to some new option, over say dwarves or elves, but I would like to see a few of them floating around, and be competitive. I do think they went a bit overboard on dwarven support.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Yeah, that was a little puzzling when they've been HTML for at least a couple of months now. I wonder if they were making a point that PDFs are a hassle or something? For editorials they are, I think.

The advantage of PDFs for articles is that they can be downloaded (easily).

Of course, I'd prefer a complied PDF at the end of the month...

Cheers!

Pour

First Post
The advantage of PDFs for articles is that they can be downloaded (easily).

Of course, I'd prefer a complied PDF at the end of the month...

Cheers!

I didn't know so many people considered the editorials worth collecting as individual PDFs. I guess that does make sense, though for awhile now I've kind of considered them rote.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I made it 100% clear I would drop DDI if I could not download the articles anymore. If I pay for content like that, I want to own it forever.

Scribble

First Post
I'd like to see them do some sort of combination. Use pdf for things that are most likely going to be printed and used at the table... Adventures mostly?

Use the power of the web to provide other stuff as appropriate, especially if it's something that you will most likely use only online (like during character creation, or adventure prep.)

Remove ads