Dragon 402 & Dungeon 193 ToC Are Up

Shroomy

Adventurer
You can read them here and here. FYI, I tweeted Greg Bilsland about a MM update this month and it seems to be missing from the ToC right now. He's looking into getting it fixed. Personally, I'm hoping some of the MM1 fey get an update.

Wow, that looks pretty good. Both fluff (Nerathi Legends is a favourite), and crunch (racial utilities and weapliment expertises!).

I really hope that the announcement at GenCon are positive and not new edition as the gloom-and-doomers have predicted ad nausea. To me these articles and the content for older classes in DDI, such as the strength Cleric article and upcoming Con-warlock article, show a return to rounding out 4e in ways that players have been asking for. The racial utilities are the most important to me, as their are some utility slots in certain classes that I would be happy to trade out for something more flavourful.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Yeah, between Weapliment Expertise, another Theme, and Racial powerswaps (they'd better not make it a feat tax!), this looks like a good month for Dragon. The other stuff is just gravy to me.

Mengu

First Post
Weapon and Implement Expertise, fi-nal-ly.

I'm not sure why dwarves, humans, half-elves, and halflings needed more support (dwarves?!). A better utility power article would have been for Gnomes, Minotaurs, Changelings and Shardminds. But I guess that wouldn't serve to the masses, because they need to support the strong, and ignore the weak.

twilsemail

First Post
I hope to High Heaven that they stuck Flail Expertise in there. The month is looking good as far as I can see. Here's hoping more racial utility articles come out. Also that the next batch doesn't contain mostly races at the top of the class as far as potence goes.

Mummolus

First Post
I like that they're going back and adding new racial utilities. I resent that they're doing so only for a handful of races, and that those are the ones who already have the most support by far.

It's like they're listening to feedback, then trying to make it better and missing the point entirely.

Pour

First Post
I like that they're going back and adding new racial utilities. I resent that they're doing so only for a handful of races, and that those are the ones who already have the most support by far.

It's like they're listening to feedback, then trying to make it better and missing the point entirely.

Well, we knew it was going to take some time. Maybe using these new racial utilities as guides, the community or individual DMs can make their own. Go on and stretch your creative muscles. I know I will.

Or maybe offer up your own for Kobold Quarterly. I know they're looking for more 4e material. Hm...

Good catch, btw, on 402 and 193. You think they'll do something special for the 200th issue of Dungeon?

Remove ads