Dragon 402 & Dungeon 193 ToC Are Up

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
Y... and Racial powerswaps (they'd better not make it a feat tax!)...

Well, if its a "feat tax" like Skill Powers are (where you can swap out OR get one at the cost of a feat, once), for me that would pretty much ideal - that way you COULD make yourself a bit more "elfy" (or whatever) without giving up as many class utilities... which, depending on the build, can be a big part of the "feel" of the PC.

Klaus

First Post
I like that they're going back and adding new racial utilities. I resent that they're doing so only for a handful of races, and that those are the ones who already have the most support by far.

It's like they're listening to feedback, then trying to make it better and missing the point entirely.
The article is listed as "Racial Utilities I", indicating that more should be on their way.

jbear

First Post
I like that they're going back and adding new racial utilities. I resent that they're doing so only for a handful of races, and that those are the ones who already have the most support by far.

It's like they're listening to feedback, then trying to make it better and missing the point entirely.
It's both tiring and annoying to read the constant complaints no matter what WotC does. Seriously tiring.

All the things mentioned sound cool. Full stop. They can't publish a decent article that gives racial utilities for every single race all at once. They released themes bit by bit. As Klaus points out, it seems like they'll release more in the future.

Why not say 'I can't wait til they release racial utilities powers for [Insert Race here] rather than being negative about something even you yourself sounds like a cool addition to the game? Half empty cup, cup half full.

Anyway, sounds like good stuff. I'll be interested to hear about it once the articles roll out.

jbear

First Post
Well, if its a "feat tax" like Skill Powers are (where you can swap out OR get one at the cost of a feat, once), for me that would pretty much ideal - that way you COULD make yourself a bit more "elfy" (or whatever) without giving up as many class utilities... which, depending on the build, can be a big part of the "feel" of the PC.
Or like Skill Powers, it would be cool if it was both ways. You could get one of them via a feat, or you can swap out same level class utility powers if you so choose.

Mummolus

First Post
It's both tiring and annoying to read the constant complaints no matter what WotC does. Seriously tiring.

All the things mentioned sound cool. Full stop. They can't publish a decent article that gives racial utilities for every single race all at once. They released themes bit by bit. As Klaus points out, it seems like they'll release more in the future.

Why not say 'I can't wait til they release racial utilities powers for [Insert Race here] rather than being negative about something even you yourself sounds like a cool addition to the game? Half empty cup, cup half full.

Anyway, sounds like good stuff. I'll be interested to hear about it once the articles roll out.
I don't complain all that often, so this seems somewhat misdirected. I wasn't complaining about general trends or overall strategy, I was just pointing out that this article provides more support for races that already have a disproportionate amount.

I would like to be able to say the things you suggest, except that recent experience shows that introducing a new game element doesn't mean all (or even most) races will benefit from it.

I don't complain all that often, so this seems somewhat misdirected. I wasn't complaining about general trends or overall strategy, I was just pointing out that this article provides more support for races that already have a disproportionate amount.

I would like to be able to say the things you suggest, except that recent experience shows that introducing a new game element doesn't mean all (or even most) races will benefit from it.

I think phb1 racEs HAVE to have more support they are always first...

jbear

First Post
Hopefully this won't be the case. The negativity may not come from you but it is a constant presence and has been for a good long time now. I apologise if my complaint was misdirected. It would just be nice to read a thread about what seems like interesting news without the negativity.

Remove ads