• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dragon] Contents of Dragon #314

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
X-Marks! said:
"Channeling the Elements - 4 Elemental Prestige Classes, by Spencer Kornhaber: Four prestige classes designed for four core classes."

Can anyone tell me what these Prestige Classes are, and what they're like? Curious....

The four PrC's are as follows:

Earthshaker - A spellcaster who has chosen to tap into the power of the earth itself. They command the great geological forces that shape the world: earthquakes, volcanoes, geysers, and more. (Sorcerers and Wizards)

Icesinger - Men and women who have become emotionally scarred to the point of utter desolation and indifference. They channel their chilling despair into song and pass their pain to all who can hear them. (Bards)

Firestorm Berserker - When the Firestorm Berserker rages, mind and soul are transformed into a blazing, uncontrolled fire that feeds on everything. (Barbarians)

Purebreath Devotee - This person believes that there is no purer substance than the air we breathe. To them, the only way to become as pure as air is to consume nothing else. (Monks)

Last edited:

jeffh

Adventurer
Interesting that the "campaign classics" issue has articles for Hollow World (the inside of Mystara), Red Steel (the Savage Coast area of Mystara, west of the original "known world"), and even Blackmoor (Mystara 4000+ years ago), but not, as far as I can tell from the list given, for the core, "known world" part of Mystara. Mystara just gets no respect!

I'm half looking forward to / half dreading the Hackmaster book on it... I'm terrified it will be a) a sendup, b) the last Mystara product published or worst of all, c) both.

Olive

Explorer
JeffB said:
Oh I understand why they do it, I just hate seeing every issue of the magazine or the vast majority of a sourcebook dedicated to it over and over and over and over and over and.....

I don't hold any malice towards WOTC or Dragon, but I've had enough...I stopped buying WOTC books, and I'm really tired of Dragon's Same Ol' Chit different month focus...Things looked promising for a bit and I resubbed..and again I'll let it lapse and see if things change at the newstand/bookstore

I'd say that the Draconomicon has a much higher fluff to crunch ratio that most other recent WotC books. Check it out.

Tenbones

First Post
JeffB said:
Typical WOTC/Dragon Mag faire these days... ...all feats/stats/mechanics "Crunch" BS..well, except for a map of Strahds castle... Where are the PrClasses and new skills? :rolleyes:

I'll be letting my sub lapse again too in Jan...

:D Hate to rain on your parade, but each writeup contains feats and PrC's as well.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
>>>
Any chance Erik Mona can let us know if these are Living Greyhawk feats, even though its in Dragon, not Dungeon?
>>>

They're not approved for LG play, although I'd love it if the campaign leadership decided to allow them once they've taken a look.

The article was very fun to write. I did something like 62 feats, and the Dragon staff ended up cutting the article in half to save some space (I guess there were other campaign settings published by TSR, or something). So it seems likely that a second regional feats of Greyhawk will appear within the next few months.

--Erik

Michael Tree

First Post
JeffB said:
Typical WOTC/Dragon Mag faire these days... ...all feats/stats/mechanics "Crunch" BS.
Normally I would sympathize, but in this case crunch is completely and entirely welcome. We already have tons of RP fluff from those settings in 2e products. What we don't have is anything about playing those settings using the 3e rules.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Circulation Comparisons

I was just comparing the Circulation data with last few years' data. 3rd edition dramatically increased readership and over the counter sales are way up. A small dip in subscriptions is expected with the aging of subscribers.

#314p103
Total copies (2003-preceeding 12 months) average: 69,995
Subscriptions: 20,580
Other sales: 48,004
% paid/requested: 99.0

#302p106 (paizo)
Total copies average (2002-):72,887
Subscriptions: 21,845
Other sales: 29,986
% paid/requested: 99.5

#290p20 (wotc)
Total copies average (2001-): 71,849