Dragon Subscription - UK

EnglishScribe

First Post
Time will not make this a non-issue.

In this thread

http://boards.wizards.com/rpg/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=126;t=000979

Johnny L. Wilson said

As for the UK situation, this is a misunderstanding between three different companies. One company has all the money. Another has all the names and addresses. Another is responsible for printing the magazines. One cannot give the names and addresses out because of Euro privacy laws. The other didn't understand some billing it was receiving and the other can't afford to print, ship copies overseas and pay for a subscription agent, as well as Euro postage, until the billing/revenue issues are resolved. NO ONE--Hasbro, MRM or Paizo wants to "rip off" the existing subscribers. The delay is due to the delicate dance between three different companies across an international dance floor covered with regulation and potential for misunderstanding. It will be fixed. We just don't know WHEN.

Three companies are mentioned;

Hasbro, MRM, Paizo

MRM is the distributor, Paizo is the magazine publisher, so by elimination Hasbro has our money and is refusing to pass it on - Hasbro UK has been, and still is, under investigation for illegal business practices, and has already been fined once. MRM has not been paid so is refusing to distribute the magazine, and Paizo is ignoring good customer service and burying its head in the sand.

All three companies are at fault.

We DEMAND an apology in writing, and our MAGAZINES.

Antony Walls.

P.S. I hope that Paizo do not have the nerve to attend GenCon UK, because there are going to be cross-examined a LOT of very annoyed ex-customers.

Bagpuss

Legend
I posted this in another thread on this topic but this seems to be the current one so I'll quote myself.

Hmm I remember that the RPGA had the same sort of problem due to the UK data protection laws when the RPGA UK was merged into the International RPGA, and Polyhedron join Dungeon.

This happened in about December 2001, its now January 2003 and you know what they never sorted out the problem and in the end just didn't honour their original promise to provide Dungeon/Polyhedron to RPGA members outside the USA until their current membership expired.

Last month I got an Battlemat from the RPGA as some sort of apology. That and an invite to GenCon was the only mail I got from the RPGA in the whole of 2002.

I hope that Paizo will make more of an effort to get round this. I wouldn't hold my breath on waiting for your magazines to turn up, as even if they work wonders it could be several months (years?) before it gets sorted.

DarcKnyght

First Post
I am an American living in France and I am in the same boat. I have tried for a refund as well but apperently "legal issues" are blocking it. My subs are for both Dragon & Dungeon. (Which of course means I have recieved nothing since Dragon #300 or Dungeon #95.) I am glad for those of you who have access to game shops and can get them anyway. I do not have that chance. So much for years of loyalty on my part.

Another thing that concerns me for those of you who are resorting to getting your mags from shops (if you are so lucky) in May which version of Dungeon will you get?? The normal or the deluxe subscribers version we will now be missing out on?

I have to admit when I e-mailed Johnny Wilson of Paizo I got very quick replys but sadly no results. (Unless of course you count the suggestion that I fork over the 90+ dollars for shipping from the US)

Phoenixoverlord

First Post
How long do we still have to wait ?

It's been 3 months now and except for 2 emails I haven't seen anything. My subscription still runs until March or April 2003.

How long does it take to solve these problems ? :confused: Maybe the number of European subscribers isn't important enough to solve it at all. Even if this isn't the case (and I sure hope it isn't), not receiving any news on this is very frustrating.

One very unsatisfied customer !!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Alarith

First Post
Hmm I got the same problem. Looks like living in Europe sucks for getting dungeon and dragon magazines(no matter if you live in old europe or new europe). I got an idea. I paid for the subscription by credit card. So I think it might be possible to get the credit card company to get me some of my money back.
Any ideas on this tought ?

Ala

TimSmith

Geting our money back from credit card companies

Nice idea , Alarith, but I think the credit card company is only liable if you spent over the £100 mark. Might be worth the phone call to enquire, though.

I was quoted 45 dollars to subscribe to Dungeon from the US, plus 54 dollars postage. I think that is around £66 total, or £5.50 an issue. Any one know how much WHSmiths want to order it for us? Although I guess that would mean we wouldn't get our bonus stuff for being subscribers.

Honestly, when they sold the mags to Paizo, you would have thought this transfer of European subscribers would have been sorted out as part of the deal! I don't believe anyone wants to rip us off, and I am sure that Paizo would not want to lose subscriber numbers because subscribers are a "good thing" for mags. It just seems incredible that they didn't sort this out as part of the deal! It certainly doesn't make us feel valued as customers...

Merlin

First Post
Books

Maybe I'm paranoid (hopefully I am...)

Nevertheless, some time ago I ordered 'Savage Species' on Amazon.ch. Recently I got a mail, that they are unable to deliver it, because the publisher does not produce it any more (some predefined message).

I cross checked with amazon.de (the same as amazon.ch) and amazon.co.uk and they are both unable to deliver the book.

So, are they not only unable to deilver the magazines now but the books as well?

Anybody else experienced this?

Merlin

Remove ads