D&D 5E Dragon Talk on Tyranny of Dragons

dave2008

Legend
Not technically from Dragon Talk, instead from Spoilers & Swag, but I didn't want to make a new thread for it...

This concept art is honestly SO GOOD that I'm amazed it didn't make it into the book. I hope this and Descent into Avernus means no more of this excellent art is going to go to waste in future books!

View attachment 114608
I'm pretty sure most of that art has been published before (just in color) as it all looks very familiar to me.

dave2008

Legend
It was part of the story Bible used to work with their partners and media: it made it's way around, but not in a book.
That red dragon head on the left and the blue dragon on the right (full body) have definitely been in books published by WotC. I am pretty sure I have them, i'll take a look later.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That red dragon head on the left and the blue dragon on the right (full body) have definitely been in books published by WotC. I am pretty sure I have them, i'll take a look later.

They are the Lockwood style, so much like many Dragons they have put out.

dave2008

Legend
Looks like Draconomicon.
that is correct
Blue:
blue.JPG

Red:
red.JPG

I'm sure the full body of the blue ended up in a book too.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
I think they would qualify as a lance with the ‘slaying’ property? Maybe a more powerful version?

Dragon Slayer weapons are Rare, +1 to hit/dmg and deal +3d6 dmg to things of the dragon type.

SKR did a 3.x conversion as a +4 keen dragon bane weapon.

In 2e they were artifacts and could only be crafted by two other artifacts. They were also the only way to kill an evil dragon in the DL lore.

You could keep them as Dragon slayer lances or do something else more epic. Whatever suits your game!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases